Alternative Parts What fits where, what else will fit, resources + bike manuals

first gen lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first gen lighting

does anybody know of updated tail and headlights that fit older canes theres tons of uni fits but i dont want to modify the fairings on my 1000f

Old 05-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as I know there are none that will fit without modifying your fairings
Hell, even Mk1, 2 and 3 don't fit each other..................not even tail lights
You could buy a tail light from Mexico for the Mk1 - they had the blinkers/flashers/turn signals built in.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:03 PM

i was more worried about seeing and being seen so i disassembled the front and rear fairings to see what i had to work with.well i found an h4 bulb in the front which anyone can get a bi xenon h4 kit for 70 bucks on ebay in lots of colors (i chose pink for 2 reasons one u dont see any and 2 i love boobies)...plus you get a spare...how cool is that...all you have to do is search for a bi-xenon bulb and you can almost kill plants with how bright it is at night my wife wants em in her car after goin for a ride at night with me...lol

Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Lightbulb

Hey, I've made some upgrades to my lighting for increased visibility.

I have installed an extra light below my main tail light. It's an LED type that only illuminates under braking which has made a marked difference to how traffic responds. Because the law over here requires lights on at all times, drivers have issues seeing if bikes are braking or not. Having had some seriously close calls I opted to fit the LED brake light. This has made things alot safer for me. Since fitting it I have had NO near misses in the last year.

The style of LED light I fitted does not interfer with plate night lighting, require fairing alterations and nice and bright. The pic below of it illuminated is in daylight, so as you can tell it really stands out.

With regards to the head lighting. You can make some good changes here. I'm in the process of changing my Mk1 bike's head lamp to accept one of the new Narva Xenon style Halogen variants. The spread of light will be improved over the standard set up. According to the blurb they are suitable for polycarb headlamps set up's, no extra power consumption or heat, provide an extra 35 metres of beam length and alot more light. Links below, select the plus 100 lamps to get the pdf.

Latest Release - Narva

Another area to improve visibility, a mate has fitted 'Hi-Vis' LED pods to his Hyosung 650. These little lights are high intensity and can be seen easily by all. A 'wee' trick when mounting them, mount them facing slightly facing outwards not directly straght ahead. The slightly '****-eyed method tends to be picked up better by drivers at intersections. Links below to have a look at

BikeVis | Unique lighting products for your Motorcycle

A bonus using LED lighting is it does not increase amperage much compared with standard lamps as fitted to most mini driving lights sets you can get to 'bolt on' You have to be very careful with extra lighting loads as not to over burden the charging system and switchgear on the bike.

Hope this is of help bud,

Cheers Andy

Attached Thumbnails first gen lighting-dsc02761.jpg   first gen lighting-dsc02759.jpg