600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Need info: Mods on 98 CBR

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info: Mods on 98 CBR

Hey guys, just recently bought a 1998 CBR F3, was gonna go for a newer model but couldn't find one within my price range.

So here I am, with the bike and I'm curious what I could do with it?

Heres a quick list I'd like to do, but need some info.

1.) Do all standard (read easy to do) mods on the engine to give it a little more "oompf". What do you recommend?

2.) Swap the exhaust system. Anyone have any suggestions?

3.) "Modernize" the bikes looks. It's not a bad looking bike, but I'd like to update it a bit. Maybe swap out the fairings. My question is, will newer fairings fit on the bike?

That's what I'd like to get down now, any suggestions?

Old 08-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Welcome and post some picture of you F3 when you get a chance.
Here are a few a mods you can do

Performance.
Add water wetter to your coolant system. Helps lower coolant temp and helps tranfer heat more efficiently.

High Flow Air filter, Ignition Advance, spark plugs and wires
Switch to synthetic oil make more power, jet kit.

Exhaust
You can buy a full exhaust system for a gain of 10 to 15 HP or get a slip on. You can also change the baffle in the exhaust can to a race baffle for more HP.

Bodywork
You can either do a fairing swap or you can mold the fairings together like I did and make whatever set of fairings you want.

Good Luck

Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 AM

That is a nice bike Valkyie. Have you posted how you did your mods here on the forum? Looks like I'm gonna have to rummage through your threads.

Your bike is pretty much what I'll be going for. Thanks for the reply. I'll also post some pics soon.

Last edited by DFish; 08-08-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:52 AM

I always suggest changing the gearing out. It makes a huge difference in acceleration and its cheep and easy to do. Plus, chances are the chain and sprockets need attention anyway.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 AM

Thanks for the info Don, I'll make sure to note that down. What gearing ratio should I look for?

Old 08-15-2010, 05:08 PM

Dfish,
I posted alot of info a few years ago when I started to make the fairings. I was mechanic in the army and learned to repair fiberglass hoods on hummers. So I soon became good at it and making larger repairs. I wanted a set of fairings for my bike so instead of paying like three grand for a bodyshop to do I learned how to do it on my own.
If you want to pick my brain just PM me. I am almost done with a new F3/F4I fairing just need to send it to the paint shop to match my bike so my brain is fresh for the picking. Good luck with your mods.

Last edited by VALKYIE; 08-15-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by VALKYIE

Performance.
Add water wetter to your coolant system. Helps lower coolant temp and helps tranfer heat more efficiently.

Exhaust
You can buy a full exhaust system for a gain of 10 to 15 HP or get a slip on. You can also change the baffle in the exhaust can to a race baffle for more HP.

You can either do a fairing swap or you can mold the fairings together like I did and make whatever set of fairings you want.

Good Luck

U GOTTA BE ****TING ME. your bike on youtube is sick. awesome work with the exhaust and fairings. cant believe that is a f3.
Bodywork

Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Yeah its a F3 just alot of cosmetic work has been done.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by VALKYIE

Performance.

Exhaust

Bodywork

Good Luck

VALKYIE you hit the nail on the head that is one sick bike you have I've seen it on YouTube about a month ago. Dude amazing job! It sounds like a beast. I listen to it at least two times a week haha.