600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

wish I would have known about this before

Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Default wish I would have known about this before

I bought a full fairing set which was fiberglass for about 300 something. http://delkevic.us/ has the three pieces for about the same price and they are plastic. Damn I wish I would have know that before I got these fiber ones

Old 06-16-2010, 06:21 AM

Whats wrong with fiberglass fairings? I would rather have a full set of fiberglass fairngs then plastic. Fiberglass is lighter, cheaper, and easy to repair compared to plastics. Also a set of plasitic fairings for 300.00 bucks don't sound right to me. Alot of cheap plastic fairings around.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM

They crack EASY and not as easy to bend and play with as the plastics. I got em working though just cut off everything I didn't want and made my own holes for mounting. it actually worked out pretty well in the end.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM

after having both types, I prefer the plastic fairings, they are easier to work with.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Where on that site did you find anything for an F3?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by bammerman View Post
I bought a full fairing set which was fiberglass for about 300 something. http://delkevic.us/ has the three pieces for about the same price and they are plastic. Damn I wish I would have know that before I got these fiber ones
Good info, I almost got this style for a different bike. Pays to keep looking I guess.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by VALKYIE View Post
Whats wrong with fiberglass fairings? I would rather have a full set of fiberglass fairngs then plastic. Fiberglass is lighter, cheaper, and easy to repair compared to plastics. Also a set of plasitic fairings for 300.00 bucks don't sound right to me. Alot of cheap plastic fairings around.
I have a tail section from delkevic and have had fiberglass fairings....the delkevic is wayyyy more durable and the fit is perfect. Their is a review on the $300 unpainted delkevic fairings with pics, he gave them a thumbs up.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...elkevic+review

Old 11-15-2010, 09:59 AM

THis is good to know, I need both the tails and the belly.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 PM

i would disagree with the person posting saying glass is cheaper. it may be cheaper to repair, but not to mass produce

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.