F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Delkevic Fairing Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delkevic Fairing Review

This offseason I have been searching for a new fairing kit for my 01 F4i after i laid it down towards the end of last season. I have been going back and forth between this company and Auctmarts. I decided to go with Delkevic for a couple different reasons and these are in no particular order.

1. I did not need painted fairings because I don't know what color scheme I want to go with yet and I have a family friend that can paint them for next to nothing and I know the quality will be excellent.
2 .The price.
3. After talking with Luke in their customer service department, I was told they had these unpainted kits in stock and can ship out same day from Colorado.
4. Luke said that if they did not fit I could return them for a full refund and they would pay to have them shipped back.
5. Overall good reviews from other forums.
6. From pictures, looks like mounting points seem reinforced.

I go ahead and purchase them on Tuesday 1/19/10 and expected for them to ship out same day. The next day comes around and I email Luke in customer Service to get tracking. I was then informed that they had just sold the last kit in stock so he had to drop ship another kit from his other warehouse (which is probably in China) and would email tracking that same night. Wednesday night came and went and no word from Luke. I emailed Luke again on Thursday 1/21/10 to get tracking and did not hear back from him. Friday I call and talk to him and he was very nice and apologized for the delay. He gave me the tracking# and sure enough it is coming from China and of course its going USPS which has the worst website for tracking. I track it for a few days and on Tuesday 1/26/10 I see that it is out for delivery in CA. Well as you can see I live in Chicago IL not CA. I call Customer Service and this girl answered the phone and she sounded like she couldn't be older that 9. She said Luke wasn't there so I asked her to help me out. She researches my order and gives me a completely different tracking# that what Luke gave me 4 days prior, how does that happen. This tracking# shows it shipped from China on 1/22/10 which irritates me because I ordered it on 1/19/10 and was told they were instock and would ship same day. Anyhow the package arrives in the US on 1/25/10 and then delivered to my house on 1/28/10 so it took just over a week to arrive which isn't bad. Here is what I found:

Name:  IMG_0695.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  99.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0697.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  182.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0698.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  106.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0699.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0702.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  164.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0703.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0706.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  82.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0707.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  155.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0708.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  124.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0709.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  142.5 KB

I was worried when I saw the box all tore up and it said GSX-R 1000 on it but then I opened it and saw they were for an F4i so that was good. All the fairings were in good shape which was a big relief. Everything that they promised was in the box. It did not take long to put them on the bike. All holes lined up perfectly and there were no gaps where the plastics came together. I didn't even have to dremel out any holes. As you can see there are already holes for frame sliders but if you notice they are not in the normal spot. I asked Luke if they had any fairings without the holes precut in them and he said no that is how they all come so I will keep them and put sliders in the different spot which isn't the biggest deal in the world.

Overall I am happy with them especially for $360 shipped. I don't know if you could get a better fit with an aftermarket fairing set. I think customer service could have been slightly better meaning Luke could have sent me tracking that same night like he promised and could have gave me the right tracking# first time around but I have dealt with worse customer service. Shipping was good although if these were painted they might have been scratched from the tore up box. But yes I would buy these again.

I know aftermarket fairing is a pretty common topic so I wanted to do a complete writeup to help answer any questions. I will post pics once it all painted.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM

wow sorry for your troubles with delkevic, i was personally going to order the fairing kit for my 01 f4i after i had lowsided it, unfortunately i didn't want to end up repainting the fairings and having to deal with the paint fees, so i went to auctmart.

Fairings from auctmart came in two separate packages that were PACKED with tons of foam and each fairing was individually wrapped with bubble wrap too. I haven't put them on yet, but I believe the delkevic and auctmart ones are both injection molded as opposed to the other ebay sellers.

My previous ebay kit, i was only able to put on the front cowl and the two side fairings, and when it got to the tail i just gave up hehe.

Lemme know how they hold up when you ride

Old 02-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm debating trying to get myself to a track this summer, but would definitely want a new set of plastics. i was thinking about going to auctmarts, just because they're painted and decal'd, but hell, for that price, I'll think twice.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Originally Posted by Zero1080
I'm debating trying to get myself to a track this summer, but would definitely want a new set of plastics. i was thinking about going to auctmarts, just because they're painted and decal'd, but hell, for that price, I'll think twice.

Definately get to a track. You don't know what you are missing!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need ALL the leathers, fairing set, transportation, unless you can ride there? new tires, and entry fee. That alone would probably set me back 700-800 bucks, if I shopped well.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i have a set of primed f4i side fairings if u want them zero ill sell them for 100 bucks they are cut for frame sliders but they are cut where they were supposed to be cut...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I need ALL the leathers, fairing set, transportation, unless you can ride there? new tires, and entry fee. That alone would probably set me back 700-800 bucks, if I shopped well.
Well, the leathers are a good idea to have anyways, and you can ride the bike there if you have all the lights and street stuff on it. New tires are also something that you would need in any case.

Why do you need the fairing set?

Old 02-04-2010, 07:18 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post the review.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM

Where are you located? Many tracks have rental leathers for $60-80 per day, tire services on-site if your current set is getting slick, and sometimes even bike rentals if you just want to try it out.

At some places you can pretty much show up with a helmet and some money and ride the whole day with rental equipment. If you don't like it, you don't have to sell off anything to try to get your money back. And there's no risk of damaging your street ride.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by vfrman
Why do you need the fairing set?
I would imagine the obvious answer is so he wouldnt screw up the current ones he has in case of a wipe out. Just a guess though.

Quick Reply: Delkevic Fairing Review