600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

F4i swingarm on F3 - how I did it.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F4i swingarm on F3 - how I did it.

a simple hot-two on fitting an CBR600 F4i 99-03 swingarm on your 1995-1998 F3</strong>
Its not quite finninhed yet though, but will update it shortly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swingarm was 40US dollars plus shipping, which was a total of 60 dollars.
The switch of swing arm requires a Little (very Little) aluminium welding, but usually its easy to find someone that can do it,
Not as much hassle as i had read on the net, a few hours total. but still need the correct bearings &amp; weld a 2mm steel plate on the inside of the linkage to prevent the new bearings from coming loose.
12mm cut off the wide sida &amp; 8mm cut off the narrow side of the front of thew F4i Swingarm - Non of the old bearings fit, so you need to order new ones that do.

Right side does not rub at all. Left side of swingarm need a little dent in it, will heat it with a heatgun for a long time, then use the BIG hammer...

The welded pipe in the middle needs to be cut off.

Done:

just missing the bearings now + new Stainless steel bolts all around

I found out thet the stock F3 "dogbone" (is what we call it in Sweden) if cut in three pieces,
vill fit as the new F4i swingarm bearing/bushings.
And as i have a lowering-kit i simply took that "dogbone".

Picture here shows stock F3 swingarm-axle fitted in the "dogbone". 17mm size

Pull out the guideingpins &amp; remove dustseals and the inner bearings:
(i heated the metal for 5 minutes with a heatgun &amp; then tapped the bearings out easily)

Then cut the "dogbone" into three pieces:

After cuting them, simply grint them down a Little so they will fit two front holes in
the F4i swingarm, I grinded them just a Little to much, but because the parts already
have the correct size 75% around it dont matter if you take a Little much of.
Here you can se how much too much i took of by mistake, also, the new parts will be
just a little too small, but when fitting them later on I will show how you do it properly.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KHRacing
a simple hot-two on fitting an CBR600 F4i 99-03 swingarm on your 1995-1998 F3</strong>
Its not quite finninhed yet though, but will update it shortly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swingarm was 40US dollars plus shipping, which was a total of 60 dollars.
The switch of swing arm requires a Little (very Little) aluminium welding, but usually its easy to find someone that can do it,
Not as much hassle as i had read on the net, a few hours total. but still need the correct bearings &amp; weld a 2mm steel plate on the inside of the linkage to prevent the new bearings from coming loose.
12mm cut off the wide sida &amp; 8mm cut off the narrow side of the front of thew F4i Swingarm - Non of the old bearings fit, so you need to order new ones that do.

Right side does not rub at all. Left side of swingarm need a little dent in it, will heat it with a heatgun for a long time, then use the BIG hammer...

The welded pipe in the middle needs to be cut off.

Done:

just missing the bearings now + new Stainless steel bolts all around

I found out thet the stock F3 "dogbone" (is what we call it in Sweden) if cut in three pieces,
vill fit as the new F4i swingarm bearing/bushings.
And as i have a lowering-kit i simply took that "dogbone".

Picture here shows stock F3 swingarm-axle fitted in the "dogbone". 17mm size

Pull out the guideingpins &amp; remove dustseals and the inner bearings:
(i heated the metal for 5 minutes with a heatgun &amp; then tapped the bearings out easily)

Then cut the "dogbone" into three pieces:

After cuting them, simply grint them down a Little so they will fit two front holes in
the F4i swingarm, I grinded them just a Little to much, but because the parts already
have the correct size 75% around it dont matter if you take a Little much of.
Here you can se how much too much i took of by mistake, also, the new parts will be
just a little too small, but when fitting them later on I will show how you do it properly.

was the f4i swing arm solid aluminum or tubed?

Old 09-22-2022, 04:19 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts