600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

installed my custom garage door opener...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed my custom garage door opener...

So I finished my custom garage door opener install and it works awesome...here are some pics...sorry I didn't document it as I did it, but I was doing it late at night and didn't have the energy to whip out the camera and take pics along the way...if anyone wants to know how i did it, just let me know, i can give a break down...

some things to note - I didn't wire it to the battery, but rather used the battery of the opener. I just sort of "hot-wired" the remote and stuck it under the black plastic (don't know the name of that piece) and wired it to connectors so it could be removed from the switch and LED. This way when i take off that black plastic, the whole assembly comes with it.

Name:  Garage-View2.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  Garage-View1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  36.9 KB

here is where it is as an overview to get an idea of it's location...i like that i can just slide my hand down and hit it with my thumb

Name:  Garage-Overview.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  50.9 KB

Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Default RE: installed my custom garage door opener...

like sooo ??? https://cbrforum.com/m_149163/tm.htm

Old 06-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered Users

sort of....but (1) this is on an '01 f4i with different plastic molding on the top...(2) i didn't wire it to the battery...(3) the remote is still intact under the molding....(4) i installed an LED indicator.....

so yeah...sort of like that..... [&:]

Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 PM
JMO

pretty cool....seems easy enough since you didnt have to connect it to the bikes battery. The little battery in those remotes last long as hell anyway

Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Users

yeah that was my thought....the main reason i didn't want to connect it to the battery was just the hassle of having to unplug it every time i wanted to take the piece off for working on the bike....

i wish i had a picture of the remote....essentially, i have four wires running out of it....other than that it looks completely normal....the wires run out from where the battery cover is so it doesn't close "all the way" but a little electrical tape holds it shut and seals it up fine....two leads are for the switch and jump the clicker button of the opener and two are to the LED contacts of the opener to my flush mounted LED....

like i said it's sort of nice because i put connectors on the leads from my switch and LED so if and when i move, it's just a matter of soldering four more wires to the new opener, connecting to my wires on the bike and remounting it with more velcro underneath...it's very simple, but crazy effective....