600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

HID owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a lot of write ups in the how to section. But you want to look for Bi-xenon projectors.

I did my bike before the kits were available and actually mounted a set from a cadillac xlr. I haven't had any issues with the lenses melting or anyone flashing me. My low beams are plenty low enough and the high beams are fantastic. When you can see 50 feet off the road on each side and extremely far in front, it makes for a great night riding experience. Plus they look good.

As long as the projectors are a decent kit, they should disapate the heat away from the lens. In all honesty, The hid projectors should be easier on your lens since they have the housing around them and actually run cooler. I know when I was installing my lights, I ran one side HID projector and One side normal low beam. The low beam lens was significantly hotter than the Projector side. This was after about 45 minutes of riding. But it could also be due the heavy cast aluminum housing the projectors i am using are in.

Ever since I did my mod, I've been an advocate for Projector HID's. Or, if your not into HID lighting, look for a Yamaha R1 headlight from 08 on up and mount those in your headlight buckets. They use dual projectors with high and low beam on both lights and still use the h-7 bulbs. You'd get better lighting and both headlights on at the same time. Although the lighting would still be as good as HID, it would be better and not much in the way of wiring.