CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   HID owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/hid-owners-139242/)

CBRfenatic93 06-14-2012 08:11 AM

HID owners

I ride around with my bright on during the day becuase im all about visibility.(yes i also wear a reflective vest and a belt around my bag)

My question is how do i get both headlights to look the same. Obviously my bright is brighter than my running light and i was curious as to what i would need to do. Yes both of my bulbs are the same type and i have a DDM 35watt kit.

Only reason i ask is ive seen a few other bikes when riding and both their lights are the same brightness.

yes im OCD about stuff like that. Thanks

jeffjones 06-14-2012 10:21 AM

There are a couple ways of doing this. (Most I wouldn't recommend)

1. Retro fit projectors. Best way and most expensive.
2. Lower your hi beam reflector to aim lower (You will lose your high beam though)
3. Some people have added a relay to make it powered at about 40% to give the effect of 2 lo-beams. (wouldn't recommend with HID's though as certain digital components might not be getting correct voltages, in which could lower the longevity of the kit.
4. Just drive with your Hi-beams on. (During the day)

CBRfenatic93 06-14-2012 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jeffjones (Post 1169143)
There are a couple ways of doing this. (Most I wouldn't recommend)
4. Just drive with your Hi-beams on. (During the day)

Thats what i do and it looks odd. I just found a picture though of my first set and they are the same so i think i may have accidently ordered the wrong bulb color.

This was what it looked like wheni first put my HIDs on a lil over a year ago.
Attachment 38015

Then the low beam went out so i ordered a new bulb and ballast and it turns out the ballast was bad. I didnt even think of using the old bulb :icon_dunce:. Ill see if that fixes it.

yumoncbr 06-15-2012 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Before projector
DDM Tuning HID H:L 4500K.m4v - YouTube

After projector
Attachment 38014

j0hnnyn 06-15-2012 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr (Post 1169324)

can you elaborate how you did this?

yumoncbr 06-15-2012 03:10 AM

fenatic, I forgot to mention, I think inside the headlight housing, the shinny thing inside is different on both side. So the light reflect different way. I might be wrong though. But when I changed to projector, I had to take off those reflectable inner silver thing from headlight housing. When I had DDM HID, (I believe I had same kit as you) even though the bulbs were the same, left side was always highbeamed. I think dual running headlight bike must have different set ups.

Johnnyn The projector I got was from Bikelitez. It also comes with halo. You gotta melt the headlight lens seal, and take that silver thing off. It came with mounting plate so you just gotta mount the projector on that bracket and pop in.

I just hated beaming the oncoming cars. I had so many cars flick their highbeam to me and one time, I got yelled at. Plus my lenses started to melt.

Squirrel8811 06-15-2012 07:45 AM

I just aimed my high beam down as I do 90% city riding. But I still see just fine 100% of the time

yumoncbr 06-15-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Squirrel8811 (Post 1169382)
I just aimed my high beam down as I do 90% city riding. But I still see just fine 100% of the time

I had mine beamed down to the ground, but I was still blinding people and they still got mad at me

Squirrel8811 06-15-2012 03:17 PM

huh ive never been flashed because of it.

yumoncbr 06-15-2012 06:34 PM

I guess people are nicer in your area...