1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

started bbbPLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default started bbbPLEASE HELP

Just installed a powercommander on my 04 1krr everything seems to be hooked up fine it lights up the position of the meter moves when i hit the the throttle the major thing those is the bike wont turn over.It cranks but it just wont turn over.It started before I put the pc111 so Im not sure what could be the prblem if anyone has any suggestions Ill take them.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Default RE: started bbbPLEASE HELP

are you sure you've intalled it correctly ? look up the installation pictures on www.1000rr.net

Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 AM

might sound supid but is the kill switch on?

Old 05-02-2007, 02:48 AM

^ haha thats not stupid, I was in a hurry one night and it was obviously dark and i forgot i used the kill switch and left it off and thought i screwed up my bike cuz it cranked but wouldnt start, come to find out i was a dumbass for a moment, flipped the kill switch and started right up.

anyways, did you connect the plugs in the correct order? you start with the orange plug on cylinder one (left)and work your way to the right. maybe they arent connected all the way... did you connect them to the lower injectors? sounds the you got the TPS plugged in correctly, I dont know what else to say, i would double check all the plugs and make sure all of them are connected well. just sounds like a loose connection somewhere. call dynojet and ask them, 1800-992-4993 is their number if you dont have it. hope it helps and good luck

Old 05-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Thanks Im going to try to mess with it when I get out of work tonite Hopefully I can diagnose the problem I think it might be a loose connection to one of the injectorsfromthe powercommander harness.I also think its not getting any fuel does anyone know if I could have blown a fuse in the fuel pump.When I turn the key to the on posistion I dont hear the fuel pump come on.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM

well did you disconnect the battery when you installed it? you should always disconnect it before installing electrical anything. it is possible that you blew a fuse if you didnt disconnect the battery before installation. again i would mention the kill switch because that shuts off the fuel and the spark so you wouldnt hear the fuel pump until you switched the kill switch back on. If you still havent fixed the problem I would just check every fuse with an indicator and double check everything you tampered with to install it.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 AM

I give up .Went to go work on the bike first thing I noticed tonite when I tryied turning it on was that the powercommander didnt light up?So I Totally disconnected that and reinstalled all harnesses to the injectors and tps.Tried the bike still no luck.Still the fuel pump is not kicking on..Test lighted all fuses and there good.I didnt disconnect the battery like I should have when installing The instructions just say to have it in the off posistion at all times and thats what I didnt but my friend called me a moron and bets thats where I went wrong.So I know have an idea but Im ready to drp it off at a shop.Basicly my fuel injection is not getting power on my bike the injectors,coil,and pump.I hard wired a + wire an - wire to the fuel pump harness and it turned on like it should so I know the fuel pump is good.Does anyone know what else it could be Im thinking I fried something I dont know how cause everything went in correctly but I guess not.Could there be another fuse or is it the main computer.Im probally going to wish I just paid someone to install the powercommander once I get the Bill.It just didnt seem that hard and I still think I did it right but who knows.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:10 AM

call that number! lol, they might be able to help a little more then us