Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

What do you need to run on a track?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you need to run on a track?

special equipment, bike prep, education? I found a track about 3 hours away from me and I'd be interested in going for a day.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really no special equipment, other than gear. you need real over the ankle motorcycle boots, work boots wont do it. full leather suit. some tracks or organizations will allow 2pc suits as long as they zip together. you need a helmet obviously, and usually guantlet style gloves, and a back protector at minimum.

again depending on the track and organizition, the bike will most likely need the mirrors removed, lights taped(remove fuses so the tape doesnt melt to the light) remove lisence plate. that is usually about it for novice level.

go with a good track day organization and take the novice class. most usually have a very good orientation session for new riders.

also, be sure to call and get your credit limit raised, your going to need it. the track is like crack, and its highly addictive