Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Track Riding Tips from Valentino Rossi

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Track Riding Tips from Valentino Rossi

Still good, even though it says that a Yami is req'd
http://www.ebike-ridingtips.co.uk/vi...file=rossi.flv
Hope it's not a repost

Old 11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track Riding Tips from Valentino Rossi

nice video. that rear braking looks scary as hell to me right now.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM
stx
Default RE: Track Riding Tips from Valentino Rossi

yeah that rear braking technique is nuts, I have yet to touch my rear brake on the track.....I didn't know about the launch control for when they start, that's pretty cool, one thing I think I'm really going to try to apply for next season is when they were talking about valentino shifting his body position, I think after watching that I tend to hold it too long is the back to back turns, thanks Jbird, repost or not that was awesome...

Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Damn that video is awesome! What a great rider! Pretty cool rear brake trick. No way I would be trying that in the next 10 years. lol I plan to do my first track day this year and I like his front braking trick going into a corner.

You know one thing I thought was interesting was the launch part. Most guys I watch at the track have both legs off when they are starting and may not put them on the bike until a good way down the track whereas in this video they tell you to put your legs up on the pegs almost immediately. I'm definitely going to have my right leg up on the bike next time.

Last edited by JeremyGSU; 02-19-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go easy on your first Trackday Jeremy. You've got time to become world champ. OK.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird180
Go easy on your first Trackday Jeremy. You've got time to become world champ. OK.
Haha, don't worry about me. The comment about the launching was for when I go to the drag strip. I can't see why you would launch on a track day. lol Most guys who are fast at the strip don't have their legs on the bike when they are preparing to launch but rather way back behind them. This contradicts what I had thought. Last time out I kept putting them up real quick and a few people said to keep them off longer but then I watch this video. HHMM.

As for track day, I like how they say easy on brake to hard and then easy again. It's similiar in cars though but more serious on a bike obviously. I've done a good 35+ track days in a car so I know to take it easy on a bike no doubt. I have absolutely 0 to prove. I don't care what passes me as long as I'm having a good time. :thumbup:

Last edited by JeremyGSU; 02-20-2009 at 01:25 PM.