Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Track Day - Hallett

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track Day - Hallett

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

did you put tape over your windscreen???

Yeah, I had several people asking me why I did that.

That is an old scratched up windscreen that I don't use any more. I didn't want to go with my new one, but I didn't want a scratched up one either. So, I just taped the scratched one.

I'm too fat and out of shape to get into a tuck low enough to have to look through the screen unless I'm just going in a straight line on the interstate for a length of time.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ibkevman

well, I am certainly not the fastest guy around but I'll be happy to show you the lines I take around any track we're on together. any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask.

I think I'm gonna skip gateway this year and try to make it to Heartland Park in Topeka. I've heard great things about that track.
I appreciate all the help you've already given me. The early ride around the track in your truck with all the pointers really helped a lot, especially on the turn where you can't see the track and have to pick up the marker cone.

I need work on everything.... picking out lines, getting my *** off the seat, smooth throttle, braking, well -- like I said: everything

Everybody at the track day was helpful. You especially... Dr J.... Paul led a couple of laps slowly so I could follow him and try to learn. I was really impressed by how everyone embraced the different levels of riders present.

I wasn't too impressed with Gateway when I was there for my little 20-min excursion last year, but it's so darn close and convenient that it's hard to pass up. Especially for someone like me that can't come close to pushing the limits of the track. I just hope it's not way over crowded.

I'm going to try to go to several more track days this year if possible. Practice, practice, practice.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

I wasn't too impressed with Gateway when I was there for my little 20-min excursion last year,
Great, and I already paid my $$$

Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

I wasn't too impressed with Gateway when I was there for my little 20-min excursion last year,
Great, and I already paid my $$$
No I meant the actual track. I think the TrackAddix Try The Track program is fantastic. $25 and no special requirements for your bike... that's awesome. Lets you test it out and see if you think you'd like it. Better than spending $150-$200 and then find out the track is just not your thing.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 PM

looks awsome man!!! I am kinda hesitant to get my 07' out there cause it's brand new and don't want to screw it up but thats the main reason I bought it was to take the corners and tracks!