Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Track day gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track day gear?

ORIGINAL: jbreit

Joe Rocket I think has come a long way...some pretty prestigous riders wear their stuff.
lol lmao!!!!!!!

The leathers pro riders get from Joe Rocket are nowhere near production leathers
Ben Spies had to wear a crashed pair of his Joe Rocket gloves with large gaping holes in them at Barber because the other pair of gloves the Joe Rocket rep handed him were too small (exact same size) I think it was decided that they had labeled the gloves the wrong size in manufacturing so one of their top riders was forced to race in gloves that were falling apart

one incident sums up their quality control and crashability issues and thats what they give a factory rider (who is now AMA Superbike Champion), so NO THANK YOU

sorry man but if your going to review gear, please have something more than "prestigious riders wear their stuff"
hell I'd wear a pink dress out on the track if I got paid what Ben Spies does

Old 03-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track day gear?

ORIGINAL: davefolds3

work boots will do the trick, especially for your first track day.
several orgs I've ridden with require motorcycle specific boots, so I'd read the org you'll be riding with's rulebook before taking that gamble

plus a broken ankle sucks just as bad at a first trackday as it does at a 100th trackday