Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

I WANT TO RACE

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WANT TO RACE

I live in norfolk, ne and i would really like to start racing my bike on a road course somewhere. Is there any way for me to find a track around here or anywhere for that matter that wont cost me an arm and a leg?

Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Default RE: I WANT TO RACE

yes it does cost an arm and a leg...
there are a lot of costs you really don't think about when you 1st start racing.

because for most riders, they don't have tire warmers, you need a generator unless you hook up with a race buddy, race plastics, Tires, Gas, transponder, food, $money for the races you plan to enter, money for practice the day before, safety wiring, more mods to the bike. all that adds up!

I live on the left coast so I can't really tell you where they race at out there...
but good luck on your racing if you do it!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Loudon. They have their own club race series. LRSS.

You also have New Hampshire and Nelson Ledges.

check out the WERA and CCS websites. Subscribe to RoadracerX magazine. You'll find tons of good gouge.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 PM

I've gone with www.trackaddix.com for my track days. They've always been good to me. There's a new(er) track in Hastings, NE that you can find at www.racemph.com. There's also a track just South of Omaha you can find at www.midamericamotorplex.com. Both were well worth the trip from central IA. Looks like MAM has a track day next Monday lined up too - $125 for the day w/ no sessions. I liked that format, but I'll warn you ahead of time, it's exhausting, so pace yourself if you hit a no sessions track.