which race can

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
ali
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which race can

hi i've just bought an 05 fireblade and want to put a race can on it but can't make up my mind what's best. so far it's between a yoshi rs5 and a 2 brothers can. all opinions welcome as to sounds power gains and if they need a pc111 to get the best out of it. thanks for your help.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Default RE: which race can

are you looking for power or sound?

the yosh looks good but doesnt give great numbers. the 2 bros. is there for sound only. hp numbers are very small compared to the better designed cans.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 PM

get an arata or sato
even the slip on will give more than a yosh full

then go PC3, BMC race filters, and a good custom tune

gods didnt i just answer this questions twice last week
search must be disabled

Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM
ali

looking for power mainly with sound not so important but i still want a loudish can if that makes sense

Old 09-26-2006, 07:01 PM

Two Bros Carbon on my bike. Sounds and looks great, get compliments all the time, don't know if I agree with the power of the other slip ons being better. They all give u between 3 to 5 hp, it's just a can with less restrctions. That's why there louder. That's put plain and simple. Every Dyno run is going to be different. climate, altitude, bike and so on. Put a PCIII on for best results. I run with guys all the time on all different Bikes and Mods. None of them can beat me light to light or on the highway. I'm not saying that my bike is more powerful than theirs (Busa's , ZX10's, Gixxer's are all in that group in case anyone was wondering) I just have more ***** and experience than any of them. Been riding since 1984. It's always the RIDER and Experience when it come to Superbikes. 3 to 5 tenths faster on a superbike isn't going to make you beat me, if your able to push the limit could though. I put BMC race filters and a PCIII on my 06 CBR1000RR and felt it rev alot quicker than stock. You will probably feel a bigger difference with a custom map than all the above though.

Just MY 2 Cents.

Busa & Gixxer lovers don't get upset, just come race for the fun of it. Or Slips whichever u prefer.
In my 20+ years of exper. (Just to prove my theroies are correct), I switched bikes with the loser on many occasions and beat them with their bikes. They felt better after that.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 AM

Hey!! Why not share with us some pointers.. I hate R1s!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
ali

so you don't need a pc111 with a race can but it helps if you do

Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM

Some people say you don't and some say you do. You can only benefit from a PCIII, it gives you fuel and air adjustments you can't get without one. If you can't afford one right now the bike should work fine without it. My experience, if you can afford it, get it!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:59 PM

No, you don't have to have it, but you will see the best performance out of it w/it tuned for the can you using. Almost all the aftermarket cans will let the engine breath easier, and add some hp, but the bike was tuned from the factory w/the stock exaust, and therefor stock backpressure. Tune after can replace will just help you get the most out of the bike w/the new can. It won't hurt the bike to just throw a slip-on on it tho.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:43 PM

Ive had a RS-5 Yoshi and its all bout looks and sound.. Now i got Micron Full serpent system with titainium can and she boogies hard and the deep sounding note she puts out is amazing. Heaps better than Yoshi!!! I think the best thing for a stock bike is pc3! I would get the pc3 before anything else if I had to do it again. Even with the stock bike I am pretty sure that it will go heaps better with the pc3! Our bikes run rich from factory and also honda tune it to pass strict enviromental test. I would get the pc3 and take the cat out of the standard exhaust and try a few different maps and she will go heaps better. Only change the exhaust if you are going to get a full system. Instead of a slip on I would rather spend the $ on a PC3 and do the mod I mentioned..........

Quick Reply: which race can