Goals for 2018? - Page 2 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Goals for 2018?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sjona2011 View Post
Then once you're addicted....you may look into a dedicated track bike

I already want a track bike. For whatever reason, in my area people are incredibly proud of what they have. So much so that if you find a bike that is reasonable, you instantly have your guard up as to why it isn't more expensive. Most of the time the cheap ones don't have titles.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6 View Post
I already want a track bike. For whatever reason, in my area people are incredibly proud of what they have. So much so that if you find a bike that is reasonable, you instantly have your guard up as to why it isn't more expensive. Most of the time the cheap ones don't have titles.
Keep an eye on some track day forums, most people are motivated to sell and their asking price reflects that.
Might have to travel a bit, but you can find a great deal on a bike that's 100% prepped for the track

Old 06-21-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011 View Post
I definitely need to work on passing. I was at the track this past weekend, sometimes ill get around people no problem, but other times I hesitate and end up getting stuck behind someone for a bit, and occasionally ill get frustrated and end up over-committing and put myself in a potentially bad situation...the exact cause of my crash last year
How do you think people get better at passing?

When you come up behind slower riders what tends to happen to your vision? What do you look at? What could you look at instead and how might those vision changes help with passing?

Old 11-21-2018, 01:10 PM

FYI: California Superbike School has just posted their schedule for 2019! Hope to see some of you there

Feel free to ask any questions about the school, how it works and what is covered!