Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Goals for 2018?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goals for 2018?

Anyone have any racing, track riding or track school goals for 2018?

I'll be coaching several dates with the California Superbike School if anyone has any questions about how the school works and what techniques we cover.

I'll also be mini racing locally on my Kayo 125 and heading to Spain in September to ride with Leod Escapes Tour and Track time. For this trip we get to ride Aragon with Troy Corner as our riding instructor! It will be a fun change for me to have a riding coach and be on the receiving end of the instruction instead of the giving end. Can't wait!

Anyone else?

Old 02-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

It's not a goal per se, but I would like to get out on a track. I've ridden lots of things on tracks, just never a sport bike.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
It's not a goal per se, but I would like to get out on a track. I've ridden lots of things on tracks, just never a sport bike.
Sounds like a goal to me!! WOOOHOOOOO!! Sportbike on track is so much fun Let me know how you plan on crossing this off the wish list!!

Old 04-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Well I don't really have any excuses for not doing it. I live literally 5 minutes away from a spectacular track. I have a bike. I guess I just need to get the appropriate gear and try to get in on one of the open track days. I will say that I am a little concerned about laying down the bike. I normally wouldn't be but she's an all original '98 without a scratch on her. If I a bike with some dings or a bit of rash, I would probably wouldn't be worried. Maybe that's a sign I need another bike....

Old 06-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Well I don't really have any excuses for not doing it. I live literally 5 minutes away from a spectacular track. I have a bike. I guess I just need to get the appropriate gear and try to get in on one of the open track days. I will say that I am a little concerned about laying down the bike. I normally wouldn't be but she's an all original '98 without a scratch on her. If I a bike with some dings or a bit of rash, I would probably wouldn't be worried. Maybe that's a sign I need another bike....
Or come to the California Superbike School and ride one of our 2018 BMW S1000's!!! We JUST finished 5 days of coaching at Barber Motorsports Park (one of my all time fav tracks!) and I think the track you are talking about.

We had SO MUCH FUN!!!

Attached Thumbnails Goals for 2018?-img_1066.jpg   Goals for 2018?-img_6926.jpg  
Old 06-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Barbers is the one.I had no idea the school existed. I knew there is a Porche school there but not a bike school. You probably just got me in trouble with the wife. :-)

Old 06-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Barbers is the one.I had no idea the school existed. I knew there is a Porche school there but not a bike school. You probably just got me in trouble with the wife. :-)
Now you know!! Tell the wife that you will be learning valuable riding skills that will make you a better and SAFER rider!! It's all true And it's mega fun too!!

Let me know if you have any questions and perhaps we will see you next year!

Old 06-13-2018, 07:37 PM

My goal is to be comfortable in corners leaning way over. Going to a track day on Monday at Summit Point. Can always learn something new��

Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM

STT, SportbikeTrackTime, is at barber pretty regularly. If you dont have full leathers then you can rent a set for the day/weekend, boots/gloves/helmet are still on you.

I wouldn't worry about dinging up your bike. You'll start out in novice where the speeds are slow, even when you think you're starting to get fast....you're not
Crashes happen in novice of course, but they're mostly caused by silly errors, mainly target fixation.

just work with the coaches, they're all great and more than willing to help.

Then once you're addicted....you may look into a dedicated track bike

Old 06-13-2018, 09:00 PM

I definitely need to work on passing. I was at the track this past weekend, sometimes ill get around people no problem, but other times I hesitate and end up getting stuck behind someone for a bit, and occasionally ill get frustrated and end up over-committing and put myself in a potentially bad situation...the exact cause of my crash last year

Quick Reply: Goals for 2018?