Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

F4i at Jennings....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i at Jennings....

I went out to Jennings GP yesterday for a track day. Hardly anyone was there, it was almost laughable. In the riders meeting there were like 10 people. lol They started off with 3 run groups. By lunch there were 2 and by 3:00 it was open session the rest of the day, which is where I filmed this stuff.

A little back ground. I started riding at the end of May '08. I've put 10k on my bike since then and this is my first bike. I've done 3 track days, 2 at Jennings, 1 at Road Atlanta so I'm still learning. I really don't ride the street too much anymore because I live in Ocala, FL and it's basically boring.

The bike is a 2004 Honda CBR F4i. It's basically stock with a Two-Brother slip-on, Goldridge stainless steel front brake lines, Galfer front pads, Double Bubble, and speedohealer/GPS corrected so the speeds you see are the real thing. Oh, and it's been repainted. I'm running Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires and this was the 3rd day on them. They're wearing great. My best lap time of the day was a 1:34. Suspension is stock and it's probably not even adjusted right although I'm told there is very little you can do to it stock with my weight. I'm 6'2, 216 lbs.

The cool part was former AMA Pro Mike Smith was there. Some guy had hired him to train him and I caught up with him in the trailer reviewing footage. I watched his on-board stuff for awhile studying his lines and it helped me a lot. Mike went screwing around on his ZX-6R for a number of laps and was running consistent 1:20 flats. Pretty damn impressive.

My observations:
-My form to the left is a lot better than to the right. To the right I look like I'm taking a dump or something.
-I need to have my head more off the bike and look more where I'm going and my shoulders need to be down more.
-You hear some scrapping of the pegs and that is only because this was towards the end of the day and I was just getting too tired to really get off the bike.
-I'm braking too early for turn 1
-I'm slow through 3-5 but honestly most of the time I was taking a breather before the back madness.

Anyway, enough talk. Here is some footage. Feel free to criticize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMb7eEsC4Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShUJnof_JFM

Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like alot of fun man!

the main piece of advice that id give would be to when you go to hang off the bike, move your shoulders too. your just hanging you butt off the bike. you need to keep your spine parallel to the bike. also move your head over to where your mirror would be.

This guy explains it better than me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxODo...eature=related

edit: haha i just finished reading your post...and your pointed all that out, im an idiot. looking good man, keep up the good work