Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelies on a stock f4i 600

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies on a stock f4i 600

I got a 2003 600 f4i a month ago, and so far for wheelies I've been doing stand-up power wheelies for just like a sec or two, and I've tried sit-down clutch wheelies,but I haven't had much success.
Please tell me the process for becoming good at clutch wheelies that you think is best, because I really don't know if I should be standing up or sitting down for either of the two wheelies.
I want to be able to wheelie good, so what do I do?
Also, is it very hard to learn to do good wheelies on this bike w/o changing sprockets?

Advice please. This is not in the stunt corner because this is related to this bike only.

If you have this bike, tell me about your wheelie successes and recommendations.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:49 PM

search big guy

Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Dood, you just need practice.. This bike stock will clutch up wheelies easily.. Get your power wheelies sit downs first. Take it one step at a time.. I prefer the -1 in the front myself for street riding but thats just my 2 cents. Good luck on your whoolies..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by colinbeaton1
Advice please. This is not in the stunt corner because this is related to this bike only.
No offense, but it has nothing to do with the F4i. Wheelies are 98% rider. Yes, a bike's performance will be different from others, but a decent stunter can wheelie pretty much any sport bike.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Stunter's Corner if you please Mr. Mod.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM

clutch wheelies are so stupid easy.. and it really is all mental barriers!

i suggest second gear at first because doing this in first might loop you if your not careful.

first step.. cover your rear brake!!

second step go about 35/45mph

third step... pull in your clutch till you can free rev without pushing bike

step four.. rev to about 9.5kish rpms

step five... dump clutch

step six... fronts in the air

now if you are unable to get the front off with that, then it's all about how you are using your clutch lever!! do NOT use 4 fingers or even 3 fingers. It is always best to use either 2 or 1 finger to pull and release the clutch. the less strength you have holding the clutch lever back the higher response you get when letting it go. the faster the snap of the clutch is the quicker and easier it is for your engine to snap the front end up. Also make sure you adjust your clutch so that you have very little play, but don't OVER adjust your clutch as you may reduce some friction at release.