Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies?

So im completely new to street riding for the most part, I have only been riding mine for 3 months, but have been riding motorcycles for a long time. I have never been much of a "daredevil" if you will on motorcycles, mostly when im skiing, wakeboarding, etc. I've been dying to learn how to wheelie though, but I'm not sure where to start and I really dont want to end up taking a dirt nap on my first attempt. Can anyone tell me where to start and generally how to do one? I have a Mechanically stock 01 F4i. Thanks

Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
IDL
Default RE: Wheelies?

I was in the same position a couple of months ago. Inow can do some small wheelies (and the odd high one)

The first one is always the hardest but only because you have to overcome your own resitance to it.
I just rode in first gear at about 30-40 kph, pull in the clutch and rev it up a bit then let the clutch out.
Just progressively rev up to higher RPM and let the clutch out faster and you will gradually get to the point where the wheel will hop up for a half a second then back down.Just keepprogressing this way

You will be surprised how easy it is, I sure am. It doesn't feel out of control at all. Just take it slow.

I always cover the back break just in case

Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 PM

hey dude i started in your same situation same bike and everything just TAKE IT AT YOUR OWN PACE it took me like two weks and now i can ride a wheelie for as long as the road stays decently straight the best i can help ya so you dont have to read my two pages on explaining go to youtube.com and search how to wheelie. And where yourprotective **** and maybe put some frame sliders on and keep me posted on how your doin and if you got any questions like clutchin stand ups and stuff. GOOD LUCK MAN

Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
IDL

ORIGINAL: SpeedingF4i

hey dude i started in your same situation same bike and everything just TAKE IT AT YOUR OWN PACE it took me like two weks and now i can ride a wheelie for as long as the road stays decently straight the best i can help ya so you dont have to read my two pages on explaining go to youtube.com and search how to wheelie. And where yourprotective **** and maybe put some frame sliders on and keep me posted on how your doin and if you got any questions like clutchin stand ups and stuff. GOOD LUCK MAN
Hey sounds like you had some great success. Do you do them in first gear? Sit down or stand up?

Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

frame sliders wont do anything but snap off if you wreck the kind of power wheelie you guys are talkin about.