Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

stunt pegs/axel sliders

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stunt pegs/axel sliders

hey guys i have a 2007 Honda CBR 600 RR and i have seen other bikes out there that look like they have front and real axel pegs for stuntin and or axel sliders that are a pretty good length i was wondering if anyone out there knows anything and where i mite be able to find some for my bike, im new to all this so i prolly dont make much sense but any help would be greatly apprecieated thats alot guys

Old 08-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Default RE: stunt pegs/axel sliders

probably these - http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...aki620578.html

but stuntworx products take FOREVER to get to your door (i've heard ranging from a month to 3) so just FYI

Old 08-28-2008, 08:58 PM

If stunting is new to you, then those axle sliders are the LAST things you need to worry about. Invest in an SI or a TS stunt cage, learn to wheelie, learn to cover the rear brake. Then after a little learning, you can move on to learning how to catch the BP. After that, then you can learn how to keep the BP with the rear brake and/or a little throttle...Axle sliders are not gonna teach you anything about stunting....And in your case, they may do more harm than good....=-)

Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 PM

how will they do harm, unless i am thinking of something different, but i thought they just helped save your bike if you crashed.

obviously you would still want a cage but the sliders would add some protection.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM

i was thinking the same george but i've never tried axle sliders so I seriously wouldnt know how well they do (so that's why i let respect just end it haha) - it's all hear say from the las vegas community and the stuntworx were supposed to be "the best" for them but I also heard they are always backordered.

I'm gonna get a set sooner or later for the kawi but still need to register and insured the SOB before i start to throw on the cage, subframe, moto-x pegs, etc etc..

Old 09-20-2008, 03:45 AM

For the front ones, they change the geometry that the bike hits the ground at. They'll help save your rotors, calipers, and even help preventing denting your rims... you'd be surprised at how easy rims dent...

For the rear, they help again with protecting the rims, and aid in keeping your sprocket and chain from hitting. They offer maybe a little protection to protecting your exhaust. They also add an extra pivot point when in use with a cage that can also protect your swing arm from hitting.

For how cheap it is to do, it's definitely worth it... but it's one of those "after the basics" setups. Get the cage first and foremost. 12 bar/round bar next. Sub cage after that... then add the pegs through the axles. Btw, use Delrin sliders, not metal. They need to take the impact, slide etc... and metal would probably do more damage than good.

My 2 pennies.

- Pixel -

Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 AM

what is does a sub cage do? is it just stronger or is actually different?

Old 09-20-2008, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

what is does a sub cage do? is it just stronger or is actually different?
Both.

Here's the skinny....

A sub cage replaces the stock passenger pegs.

With the OMR sub cage I run, He changed the peg placement, to put them slightly lower, and further back. Better foot placement for wheelies. He also changed the angle that the pegs fold at. So when you're in a wheelie, the pegs are not trying to fold back up. (This is a huge part of his design, that makes staggered way safer... Ever seen somebody in a stand up and have their peg fold up?... yeah.)

Ok, also, they are made out of steel. I've seen people get seriously f8ked up because the took a small fall in the lot, and didn't notice that the flimsy pot-metal aluminum passenger peg had a crack in it... Off they go in some highway wheelie... and next thing you know... SNAP! peg breaks off, and you spend the next few moments praying. So basically they hold up to much greater abuse than stock.

Next... and probably the most important design, is that it ties both sides of your sub frame together. So rather than crashing, and tweaking your sub cage because of the leverage the peg puts on it, it combines that energy to both sides of your sub frame, and prevents a large amount of tweaking.

OMR is the only guy making a foldable peg design atm. Back to that leverage bit.... with the Sick Innovations sub cage, the pegs can't fold, therefor you are likely to twist or break your sub frame. OMR's allow the pegs to fold to basically protect the pegs, and minimise the potential damage to the sub frame.

He also builds them specific for each bike, to make sure that the tire can clear the main tie rod, and if the tire does hit, it is at an angle that allows the tire to bark off of it, rather than stop the tire. (Sick Innovations has been known to kill tires, since the tie bar is vertical, and rather sharp.)

You can find OMR (Old Man Roger) on stuntlife.com. His sub cages are 175 bucks. Worth every penny.

Well, I think I answered your question. lol

- Pixel -

Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 AM

Powers stuntworxs.

It me up.