Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

wheelies on a 02 954rr

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies on a 02 954rr

Hey guys i just got a 02 954rr.. and i want to learn how to do wheelies on it. I've been reading these threads on here and i really haven't seen much talk about the 954. I've heard some people say that its not possible to do it but then i heard the opposite. I've been trying to do it but i'm still practiceing.. I haven't dropped my bike yet but i know it will happen eventually. can anyone gimme some advice on what they think about doin wheelies on it. i've been practicing with stock everything. But my buddy took my bike out the other day and the chain snapped. so i just ordered new sprockets and chain. if i remember correctly it is -1,+3.

I"m completely new to riding my bike. i've ridin r6's and gsxr's before but never learned how to ride a wheelie. what are the speeds and rpm ranges that i need to be hitting to pop it or clutch it up. i've done a few power up wheelies on accident u know showing off. and there really unstable. i'm not trying to practice those. any advice for a noob would be great. Thanks alot guys

oh yeah i am a fireman so i've seen alot of mishaps when it comes to people trying stunts and tricks on bikes. so i'm tryin to take it easy..

[IMG]local://upfiles/30452/205CA70B20F448379DEEE070AA7955BE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Default RE: wheelies on a 02 954rr

First things first, be sure you get a minimum of crash sliders to prevent body damage if/when you go down. I use a crash cage to prevent serious damage to my frame/engine. Also, padded jacket and other gear is a good idea to prevent pain and rash. Depends on how hard you wanna play. Your playin with fire and I know I've been burned already [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 AM

ya i do ride with all my gear when i practice. helmet, gloves, jacket, and leather boots. i do have sliders on it now. at minimum where can i find a cage online. i'm totally new to owning my own bike. any help is better than no help at all.. thks

Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 AM

You can keep an eye on the stuntlife.com "parts for sale" area if your lookin for a good deal, but just reaserch sellers before buying from there because I've personally been screwed outa $150 there!

Otherwise theres brand sites like http://www.sickinnovations.com/, http://www.racing905.com/home.html, http://www.powersbikeworx.com/. I'd stay away from "freestyle ingenuity (FI)" because of how weak their setup is compaired to the before mentioned brands.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Wow talk about a category in my wheelhouse .

First off welcome, 2nd nice bike

Its really possible to take your time learning and not crash (ive done it). So dont have the mindset that you will. I can also guarantee your bike will wheelie just fine, that is a fact. As a starter i would just try and get comfortable with some popcorn wheelies for a bit, and sounds like you have done a few of those. Just pop it up a bit under power until you get more comfortable with the feeling. From there you can bring it a bit higher and higher. Then once comfortable and starting to ride them a bit, you can learn the clutching technique. Definatly read the how-to-wheelie thread at the top of the stunting forum as well.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Wow talk about a category in my wheelhouse .

First off welcome, 2nd nice bike

Its really possible to take your time learning and not crash (ive done it). So dont have the mindset that you will. I can also guarantee your bike will wheelie just fine, that is a fact. As a starter i would just try and get comfortable with some popcorn wheelies for a bit, and sounds like you have done a few of those. Just pop it up a bit under power until you get more comfortable with the feeling. From there you can bring it a bit higher and higher. Then once comfortable and starting to ride them a bit, you can learn the clutching technique. Definatly read the how-to-wheelie thread at the top of the stunting forum as well.
+1 TK, the how to wheelie thread is great! I started off with power wheelies...once when I was comfortable with the bike coming up/down I started on clutching it up...and I haven't mastered that yet(and then my blutch just went out)...but I only have a F4, if someone told you its not possible on a 954, they have never rode a bike or attempted to do a wheelie...I think any bike with a clutch can do a wheelie, my buddy use to do them on a ninja 500....

Old 09-26-2008, 08:06 AM

thks guys... i figured my bike would be able to wheelie but just some people would say it couldn't. i know she has enough power. So with starting out should i lower the rear tire pressure or should i leave it at normal pressure?? cuz i have read that a lil less pressure will give it more stability. and i guess since i'm starting out new maybe that would be a good i dea?

Do u guy's have any good ideas for mods for my bike. she's got plenty of power but ya knw there isn't anythng wrong with a lil more.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:50 PM

also try to learn bp on a quad or dirtbike. they take a better beating and are easy to wheelie, and you don't have to jack up that slick 954

Old 09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had a 954 for a couple weeks myself and the member I bought it from effortlessly did a wheelie and rode it for a bit. It's not my thing, but it's definately doable.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I suck at wheelies yet, but the 54 makes sucking effortless

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p318/TK954rr/?action=view¤t=954wheelies.flv

Quick Reply: wheelies on a 02 954rr