Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

stand up wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stand up wheelies

Whats up everyone! I have been doing stand ups for atleast 5 month and for some reasond i cant keep it up that long. two of my friends that rides zx-10 can do a stand up wheelie for atleast 2 miles with no promblem and even changes lanes if they need too. I have a 05 1000rr and was told that with the HESD the bike feels like if i have a hand behind you making it a lot more easier. I always end up going fast instead of slow when i pick it up. could that be the promblem,that i still need to pick it up a little more? I just want to get feed back on what exactly to look for when i pick it up.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Default RE: stand up wheelies

Your not at balance point so your chasing your wheelie.

Bring it up higher, when you get that "o ****" feeling in your stomach go back a little farther, it'll feel like your floating cover the rear brake to keep it in that spot.

Takes practice.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Thanks bro.. I just need to practice alot more. I had hit BP plenty of times it just feels like if im going to fall back.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 PM

your tire pressure will affect your ability to hit bp as well. i keep mine at 25 and it is pretty good. i might go to 23 in the future.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

BP has been the hardest part about wheeling for me. Its that initial leap of faith that is necessary to wheelie like you know what your doing. I am still working on it myself and have heard nothing but the guys who do it with ease say "just get there". Let the ***** drop. If you can't do that you wont find it. Once you have found it you will get comfortable with practice like you say..

Old 03-19-2009, 11:45 PM

Like they've all been saying. Just get to that balance point. A way I learned a while ago I had my friends video tape me. And when I thought I was high I would look at the video and realize I have sooooo much more room to go back. I would also look at my body positioning. Make's a pretty big difference. Your tire pressure doesn't really play a factor to much in you learning bp wheelies. If ever, you start doin parking lot stunts then you raise and lower your tire pressure. I started at 30 psi then went down to 20 psi to learn certain tricks. But now that I'm at the learning different circles my tire pressure is back up at 30, sometimes 35. Makes it easier to turn.

Post some pics!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM

If you don't want to run low tire psi when you're just cruizin, depending on what gear you're in, play with a Lil pre-load on the front (obviously not in 1st). You have a one liter so you absolutely do not NEED preload, but it could help get b.p. a lil quicker and smoother. Also think of body mechanics in different parts of the wheelie. How low and tucked are you before the wheelie, do you stand up tall, or keep your knees locked more when you think you're on "b.p."? It all plays a part in your comfort level. If you can't get comfortable during different stages of learning it stops you in your tracks. Good Luck