Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

RR 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RR 2nd gear

crazy900rr, when you said covered all the time you didn't mean to hit the brake all the time when you ride it right? My friends in kaws said that it is better to put your left foot on the rider's peg instead doing it stager stance. About the clutching I'm kinda scared to do it...I would be comfortable doing it with throttle power..

Old 12-11-2006, 02:23 PM

wats the longest you've ever riden out a wheelie?

if you havent held it long enough to go thru a full gear, you dont need to be trying to hit bp yet... just get some more practice, i dont wanna see another rider down.

the only way to actually hit bp and hold it is to be dragging the brake(unless your in first gear, if u go to far in first gear, theres enough engine brake to bring you back to the ground infront of you instead of behind you)

i hit bp quite often but im not good enough to ride it out at bp the whole way, i still drop it down just a hair and still have to slowly accelerate

Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Err

ORIGINAL: JVracer04

the only way to actually hit bp and hold it is to be dragging the brake(unless your in first gear, if u go to far in first gear, theres enough engine brake to bring you back to the ground infront of you instead of behind you)
false. no need to drag the brake, you'll get rear brake fade then really be SOL. once you're there keep your throttle hand steady and TAP the rear brake if you go back to much. you guys need to learn throttle control and how to be smooooooooth when making throttle adjustments. no choppy chop chop...

i did like crazy900. found a lot and started clutching from a dead stop. after i got bp in 1st went and moved to 2nd, had it an 30 min tops. 5 mph doesn't hurt as much as 30 mph....

baby steps people, and practice a lot.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: papiindo

crazy900rr, when you said covered all the time you didn't mean to hit the brake all the time when you ride it right? My friends in kaws said that it is better to put your left foot on the rider's peg instead doing it stager stance. About the clutching I'm kinda scared to do it...I would be comfortable doing it with throttle power..
covering the brake.... at first I did "ride" the back brake for two reasons, 1 i wanted to make sure i knew where it was when I finally got the ***** to realy get the wheel in the air, 2 if you're slightly applying pressure on a deadstop clutch up, you can actually controll how fast the bike comes up. don't get me wrong, I went through brakepads, and had to change my fluid several times before I even touched the bar. Now for your clutching phobia. I understand totaly, so possibly try this, first gear 6k rpm burp the throttle ( split second acceleration and release) and when the front forks compress get back into the throttle. try it a couple of times without trying to get the front end off of the ground so you can feel the force of your bike in your hands (most people get into trouble when their bike is up and they panic from the sudden acceleration causing them to apply more throttle) Gradually apply more throttle every time the forks are compressed. The momentum of the rising of the suspension will help "lighten the front end" and assits you in bringing the bike up. Take it easy, if at all possible find you a big lot and use the parking space lines as a guide. Try to wheelie one full spot at first the gradually move to more spaces. Good luck, and if you take nothing from this at all, at least know where your rear brake is at all times.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Err

ORIGINAL: JVracer04

false. no need to drag the brake, you'll get rear brake fade then really be SOL. once you're there keep your throttle hand steady and TAP the rear brake if you go back to much. you guys need to learn throttle control and how to be smooooooooth when making throttle adjustments. no choppy chop chop...

i did like crazy900. found a lot and started clutching from a dead stop. after i got bp in 1st went and moved to 2nd, had it an 30 min tops. 5 mph doesn't hurt as much as 30 mph....

baby steps people, and practice a lot.
What's SOL?

And guys when you said you started from the dead stop you mean your foot on the ground and you do seated wheelie right?
I can get the bike up in first gear with no problem.... I'm pretty confident doing it and the longest I've been seated wheelie on frist gear is proly 5-6 sec. Not long but I'm still practising. I want to learn stand up wheelie on 2nd gear and I will try on the parking lot first and hopefully it is long enough for me to practice 2nd gear wheelie.
Thanks for all the input guys.. I really appreciated it.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Err

SOL=**** Out of Luck=screwed=****ed=uh oh

have you tried standing in first? i thought it was a lot easier when i started...

you can do both (standing or sitting) from a dead stop.

just keep practicing.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:27 AM

oh ok I will practise tom..