Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

head light question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Err
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: head light question

ahhahah, thats ingenius. got any more pics of your bike? i'm fightered myself and like to see others.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:22 PM

Thanks Err, I will shoot some pics this weekend.

She is a work in progress, I pulled her out of a salvage yard this summer for $300 bucks.

All of the plastic was broken, the seat was ripped and the sub frame was bent, and she did not run. So I cleaned and sync'ed the carb, cleaned the rust out of the tank and put some rubber on her.

To be honest with you, I bought the cane for the rims, 17 inch front and rear, I figured I could use the rims on a future supermoto project, well after tinkering on the old hurricane she just started to come together as a SF bike.

I figured what a better way to build a SF, was to start with a bike already beaten to death!

So I stipped the bike bare, beat the sub frame straight and started tucking in cables and worked on getting the bike to run strong.

I removed the clip on's and installed a set of 2 inch set back risers off a Honda Saber, and I added Aero pro taper bars, retaining all OEM controls.

Right now I am working on a crash cage, I have to build one fron scratch since no one sells a cage for my old hurricane, so It will take a couple of days to fabricate a cage, I will post those pic next week also.

in the mean time, here are some pic of another project I completed last year,

My Deals Gap bike!!!!!

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g%20Supermoto/

Old 09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Err

how do you like those motards? i want one badly, that an F4i (<---winter project) i'll get some updated pics of my sf 900.

$300 for a bike!! **** thats cheap. how's she running now?

Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Err,

The husaberg is the bomb ! light fast and nimble. I have her set up for the twisties now with high speed radials.

The only problem with the Husaberg is that she is a left side kick start and that I have to find a curb to stand on or a tree or building to lean against when starting cold kick kick kick, other wise when warn she is a 1st kicker.

Top speed is 93mph with stock gearing using a gps as a speedo.

Last 4th of July my riding group trailered our bikes to Deals Gap Tenn.

Motorcycle heaven!!!!

311 turns in 12 miles of smooth 2 lane off camber mountain roads.
If you ever get the chance to ride deals gap do it, you will love it !

Back to the Hurricane, like I said she is work in progress.

The cane sat for years so the first thing was to get the carbs and tank cleaned to a usable condition, and let me tell you I have had the carbs apart at least 5 times soaking, cleaning and blowing them out, I have gotten very good and disassembly, assembly, and syncing the carbs.

The cane did not have a stock airbox so I purchased one on Ebay for like 20 bucks and once I installed a stock filter and airbox I was able to get the 600 to purr like new.

She will now fire up cold with out using the choke, and idle at 1200rpm's all day if need be, She revs to the redline with out a cough or burp.

FYI, if you ever need to replace the stock Honda spark plug caps DO NOT buy OEM Honda !!! Those units are like $25.00 each, buy caps from NGK, resisitor type, straight $3.50 each and they screw right in. Easy fix for grounding plug caps.

I put a new chain on, F+R rubber, battery, ebay seat, ebay air box, ebay brake line front because I dropped the forks down to the caps in the tripple clamps and the OEM front brake line was to short, ebay has all the new brake lines you could ever need cheep, you just have to explore the ebay motorcycle stores and the time to search for inexpensive items.

I had to adjust the valves on the 600, which sucked, but was needed. One thing I was worried about on the 600 was the motor internals. So when I pulled the valve cover off I was surprised to see clean cams and valve guides so this inspired me to really continue with the SF 600 project was the internal motor condition, clean and no signs of neglect.

I did find a site that sells adjustable cam chain tensioner for 25 bucks instead of the mechanical unit on the Honda 600's, so I think before I put her on the street I' ll buy and install one for piece of mind.

My project for this weekend is to build a cage for the Hurricane, one of my riding buds is coming over tonight to help with the fabrication, layout and mouting points assembled so I can weld it together Saturday and Sunday if all goes well, it will all depend how many Budweisers we kill this evening.

Err, have a great weekend ride safe!! I should have photos early next week!

SIRR1

Old 09-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Err

how much total do you have in the husaberg? i want one bad...

good with carbs eh? are they the similar to a cbr 90 (i'm assuming they are, but we all know what happens one assumes...)? cause mine need a cleaning and a sync, and i may need your input. whats the down time on a project like that?

i'd really like to see some more pics of the bike as a whole. got any plans for fairings and what not? how do you clean out a gas tank?

sounds like you put a lot of time into the ol 'cane. i'm constantly fixing the 9hundo, but i love the s.o.b. pics soon...

Old 09-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Err, here is the link to my Cane Cage pics I fabricated this weekend.

let me know what you think?

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...1/Cane%20Cage/

Motard cost.

I received the Husaberg for $0.0 I did some electrical work on a friends home and received the Husaberg as compensation plus cash.

Excell Rims $200.00 each
Buchanon Spokes $95.00 per rim.
I laced the rims myself.
Truing of the rims was $25.00 per rim.
Tires $120.00 each.
Acerbis Headlight $50.00
Baha Design LED tail light $50.00, voltage rectifier $90.00, battery eliminator $50.00 and handle bar controls $60.00 x 2, I smoked the first set due to stupidity!
1 roll 16 gage copper wire $16.00 (rewound stator to pump up DC voltage)
Expoxy $10.00

I have about $1,200.00 in the conversion from dirt bike to street bike, not including title and plates plus insurance, add another $400.00 per year.

Err, now if you remember why I bought the Hurricane in the first place?? I bought the cane for the bikes 17 inch rims front and rear and disc brakes were a added bonus for a future motard project !!!

The Husaberg is a Hoot to ride for sure!

It's a little hard on the butt on long rides, the seat is like a brick and the suspension is very hard, she sucks up any bumps, curbs, potholes on any street, and it is a real pleasure to just gas it and pull up the front wheel and go through just about anything as long as it's not to slick or wet because the tire are for the street not dual purpose.

When these tires wear out I will for sure install sometype of motard dual purpose tire setup.

Err, as far as cleaning the carbs I will send you a PM I don't want to take up space on the board.