Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

"cold" weather wheelies and chain slack...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "cold" weather wheelies and chain slack...

Hey guys, whats up. Ive been learning wheelies, mainly clutching up in first and riding them out a ways. Some are much better than others. I noticed tonight (weve had a bit of a cold snap) that my throttle was waaayyyy touchier than usual. Is this because of natures power boost in the cold air, or might I need to lube my cables? Also... what do you guys run your chains at? Mine is a bit slack right now compared to the suggested specs, and im going to tighten it. Rarely do I keep it this slack... but I was just curious how you guys do it. A little more info never hurts

thanks,

Chris

Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Default RE: "cold" weather wheelies and chain slack...

Colder air = more horsepower...

Old 08-31-2006, 01:38 PM

dont let your chain have any more slack than the recommended specs. i doubt it would cause damage (unless there was hella slack and it found its way off the sprocket) it does affect your wheelie though. not in a big way, but it will delay your throttle response when you are comming up and adjusting for the height of the wheelie. like i said, its not that noticable. but its there.
Stuntin_r6 is right!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:41 PM

yeah... in part of my question I asked if it was just the colder air giving me more horsepower....

"Is this because of natures power boost in the cold air, or might I need to lube my cables? "

thanks for the input guys.... im gonna go adjust my chain, and then watch my bike sit. It looks like my fork seal finally decided to blow instead of just leak cause i looked at it today and it looks like there is quite a bit of fork oil everywhere.... I dont have the money/knowledge to fix, so its gonna be awhile..... yes, i am crying hahahah