Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Business idea?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Business idea?

So today after work and headed down to the beach to do some thinking. What if like a skatepark, what if someone built a stunt park? Like buying a nice piece of flat lot. Maybe have sections marked off like an endo section, long wheelie section, beginner wheelie section, so on and so forth. No more having to get moved out of warehouse lots and getting effed with my the coppers.

Do you guys think something like this would be a good idea? I feel like with enough support a community could get the local government to allow it, seeing it would be a private lot and would help keep stunters from resorting to almost always illegal means to do what they love to do.

Here in southern california, on any given weekend you can go on PCH, pass a biker, and watch him show off a wheelie for you. I personally would rather see it somewhere safe where he/she won't get run over if something went wrong.

My main question, if this did exist near you, would you go? Maybe pay like a small all day/ half day fee?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 AM

I would go. Be like back in the day when I did freestyle and street riding on mt GT Pro Freestyle Tour at the local youth center. However, I don't think you would make enough on a daily basis just providing a flat open area to ride. You would need to make money selling food/drinks, small shop for fixes and mods, tires etc. Maybe have a booth where people can work on their own bikes when they break. Have bands play on the weekend and just make it a happening place to be in general. And to do all that... Takes a LOT of money.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 AM

I like the idea, but i also agree with tim. It would take alot of time and money. And depending on your location, probably lots of advertisement, as many smaller cities wouldnt have much of a demand for it.. and another big thing would be insurance.. wouldnt want riders wrecking their bikes or getting hurt, and then going after you for money.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM

I would probably have to have people signh waivers, like at askateparkin case they get hurt, I'm not responsible. And yes I agree, about the revenue, it would certainly have to have regular events/demos/contests. And my location probably couldn't be anymore perfect. I live in orange county, ca. About 30 minutes south of LA (if riding your bike that is) It seems like everyone and their momma rides! Thanks for the replies guys

Of course this is a long shot that would take lots of planning and years to do, as this is only an idea right now lol

Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 AM

That's a good idea, But it takes money to start things like this or you need to try for a gov. grant to help startup cost etc. Anything can be done if you put your mind to it, and its what all us stunters need. We are getting harassed by the cops in our town because of the stuff we do, they told us to ask this small time airport if we can rent one of there runways, dunno if they would allow it even with waviers. I would rather be in a closed coarse having fun than mixing in with cages on the streets. I could see you having to keep an ambulance on site at all times which could cost more than you would make in a day, which would make it a loss.