Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

How Do I Clutch Wheelie - Moved

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do I Clutch Wheelie - Moved

can anyone tell me the basics of clutch wheeling...i dont wanna do power wheelies i think their more dangerous...i have a crash cage on my bike so i drop it...it will be fine....the bike i have is an 03 f4i 600

Old 04-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a nice write up in the stunters section

Old 04-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good write up in stunters section. And check out stuntlife for more

Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
July 2010 ROTM

pull the clutch in, rev up, and dump it

Old 04-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
pull the clutch in, rev up, and dump it

its not quite that simple....

on the f4 a good start point on a stock geared bike:

second gear around 50mph this will have you around 6grand, pull clutch apply throttle and release clutch in a single smooth motion, start with a small throttle clutch up, you can always work your way up, overdoing it the first time will have bad results.

Stand up, put your left foot on the rear passenger peg before you clutch up, this will be verry helpfull for learning, keep your right foot over the back break, you should not need to shift gears in a wheelie if you get the propper balance point

Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 PM

just take baby steps and work your way up learning how your bike is going to react and finding out whats more comfortable for you. I personally prefer to keep both feet on the front pegs standing up rather than staggered but thats just me.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Default well

I've done different types of wheelies. Power wheelies are easiest and seem to me, to be the easiest to control, to me anyways.
Center yourself standing on the pegs (front to back and side to side) and "bounce the suspension. do this a couple of times to understand how your bike is going to respond. after youve got your timing down start rebounding the suspension with little blips of the throttle. like said earlier in this post, baby steps. timing the rebound of the suspension and use of the right gear and speed is going to crucial.
also, think about this. if you're standing straight up (12 o'clock) and the bike's in front of you, then your not looping it, LOL i did standups and never really wanted to go back to sitting on wheelies.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:46 AM

the only problem with power wheelies, especially on a 600 is that when you get the wheelie up you have alot less rpm's left to play with, the whole point of clutching up is to have the wheelie up at a lower rpm

Old 04-30-2010, 04:52 PM

if your using your full suspension front and rear, you can bring the wheelie up at lower revs. it's all technique. the more he practices the quicker he'll be in a balance point and have more to work with. i'm just not partial to clutch wheelies cause its hard on the clutch and chain (initial snap up puts more stress on all parts) and with practice, and using the whole suspension, it becomes a lot smoother and easier to control. just my 2 cents.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:15 AM

I personally do power wheelies myself I tend to be more consistent that way.

Quick Reply: How Do I Clutch Wheelie - Moved