Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Burnouts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Burnouts?

headlight and gauges are about all thats needed.

and get a cage, that is more important.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Really? is theres no mechanical strengthening necessary?
I know the CBR is built to basically "stunt" and race but i would think there is an extra strong clutch assembly or something.
Or even some handle bar strengthening .

I guess my next step is a cage. Now, rather than buying a cage i may rather build my own. I have novice MIG skills and i wont be able to afford a freaking cage for $200 +. I guess i can google for measurments.
All i really need to know though for the cage is where does it bolt on at? How many bolt fasteners and where to place them?

I guess i have to go buy a little mig too.[8D]

Oh ye... i guess a tail scraper too...

Old 11-28-2008, 03:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah... another thing on burnouts, be sure there's nobody at the back coz they will end up getting some hard sticky rubber on their face!

Old 11-28-2008, 06:19 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Endless you will want a cage, and perhaps a subframe cage, that or you will want to weld up a few plates to reinforce it. A 12 bar is ok if your planning on scraping a lot, or parking it up there. If your thinking endos at all though, go with a round bar. A flat bar if you loop an endo has been known to damn near chop off heads. You will also want to modify your seat cowl or rear seat, cut a hole in it so you have a place for your foot to do combos and seat tricks. Then dont forget about mashing your tank as well.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poor bike

Old 11-28-2008, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

A flat bar if you loop an endo has been known to damn near chop off heads.
And... always wear back protection... My 12 bar tore the hell out of my pack when I flipped one this year. Without the pack, it would have broken my back for sure. I always wear this pack or my ICON Field Armor when I do stoppies.

- Pixel -

Old 12-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

What is this tank mashing you speak of TK?

Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM

People smash in the top of their tanks so they can sit/stand on them and **** around without slipping off as easy as stock.

I set up my F4i as a streetfighter just by keeping all the front plastic off and putting a headlight pod in front. I picked up a decent used cage and been beating my bike since. Trust me, the mods will come into play as you become more experienced. If your just gonna mess around Id just get a cage and maybe a round bar. Stunting takes tons of pratice...tons! My bike is ready to tear **** up, but my skill level is no where near where is needs to be to make use of a 12 0 clock/round bar or a handbrake setup.

Just worry about getting a cage and some skills, the rest will fall into place if your really gonna stay in the game

Old 12-05-2008, 09:17 PM

can't afford a cage? NO you can't afford to not have a cage because after your first decent drop you'll do more than $200 damage! clip ons mirrors fairings signals windscreens tanks rearsets pass pegs brake levers clutch levers crank case etc.......... it is endless if you cant do it right don't do it at all buddy because everything in life cheap at the moment is expensive as **** in the end!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

You dont have to dent your tank, but if your going to do combos, spreaders, or highchairs you will want to eventually. I have heard some guys use those grip pads too and work pretty well.

You dont have to do that right away though either, and if you dont know what your doing, find someone who does, or your tank will leak gas lots .

Also as stated above, if this is just going to be a stunter, you want a cage for sure.

Quick Reply: Burnouts?