Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

80MPH Wheelie!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've always found that the faster you're going, the easier a wheelie is to control, until you get to about 120mph when the buffeting starts to mess with you. The best i've had "on the speedo" on one wheel is 141mph according to my mate on the back who was watching it for me
I wasn't on a F4i so it may not be relevent to F4i wheelies but as far as balance etc it shouldn't make a great difference what bike your on. A lot of power isn't needed once you're on the balance point so extra speed is just a twist of the wrist away, lol.
Just my opinion of course, oh, and it was on a closed road

Gaz

Old 03-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Well I spose at least we now know where your member name came from ....lol

OK, You got me, lol. The worst thing is that i should know better at my age (46). I'm madder than i've ever been, although i was pretty bad between 14 and 17, they were the main crash years I just pick my places better nowadays as i like my arms and legs attached, lol.

Gaz

Old 03-06-2010, 09:40 PM

this thread is embarrassing

Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 PM

GSXR'S are junk, 3rd gear and clutch is all you need.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Black1KRR
GSXR'S are junk, 3rd gear and clutch is all you need.
Junk? That's a bit strong, lol. Everyone's entitled to their opinion i spose so i'm not going to retaliate and get caught in an argument

Gaz

Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM

By the sound of it 05f4iGuy, he was doing a sit-down wheelie? If so he was most likely geared and clutched it up at 80 mph. If he was standing, the bike could have been stock and he just bounced the suspension and cracked the throttle (maybe clutching as well). I can pull sit-downs up at like 65 on my 08 600RR but that's not 80mph. I can do stand-ups at 100 in 4th gear with stock sprockets and not clutching, just powering it up. So it's def possible but I think if he was sitting for an older bike like that it was probably geared. Hope this helps the origional question.

As for "NoBrains". I really hope your old age has helped you learn not to put someone elses life in danger the way you said you did. Although I think you're full of it. You said your 46 now, and was doing that dumb stuff when you were 14-17, which was approx. 30 years ago. Tell me what bike even brand new in 1980 would do 141mph and had the power to do it in a wheelie, sitting down, with all that weight riding two up?! We're not all just dumb kids on here, you don't make sense.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stay2ned

As for "NoBrains". I really hope your old age has helped you learn not to put someone elses life in danger the way you said you did. Although I think you're full of it. You said your 46 now, and was doing that dumb stuff when you were 14-17, which was approx. 30 years ago. Tell me what bike even brand new in 1980 would do 141mph and had the power to do it in a wheelie, sitting down, with all that weight riding two up?! We're not all just dumb kids on here, you don't make sense.
Hi, I'm not going to get into an argument over this. I have no reason to lie and i'm not full of it as you say. You've managed to read more than one of my posts and jumble them up. If you read back over my posts you'll find i said i did a 141mph wheelie and i should know better at 46, and i said i was mad at age 14-17 and they were the crash years. Nowhere did i say i did a 141mph wheelie 30 years ago. You've joined 2 posts and made up an incorrect conclusion. The 141mph wheelie you can choose to disbelieve if you like, was on a GSXR1000K3 with roughly $7000 worth of extras on it. Pictures of my bikes are in "rides" if you want to see how trick it is. With regards to my passenger on the bike, he chose to be there and had been on the back of me many times whilst wheelying, if he didn't like it, or the risks involved he was old enough to say no.
Please get your facts right before calling people full of it.
Gaz.
P.S I won't be replying to this post again so you can say what you like. I don't come on a forum to be insulted or argue.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Hmmmm... good question ...

.... this will be good ....lol
I'm guessing you read his post and didn't actually look at mine to see if that's what i'd said. Would be good if he'd actually read my posts properly before he accused me of being full of it. Nowhere did i say i did a 141mph wheelie in 1980. In fact i didn't say i did any wheelies at all 30 years ago, i just said i was mad and crashed a lot. I did say i'd done a wheelie at 141mph and should know better at age 46 though, which is my age now

Gaz

Quick Reply: 80MPH Wheelie!!!!