Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

80MPH Wheelie!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, the reason that Shadow is in this section of the forum is because he's a super mod. He's allowed. The other reason is because I gave him the heads-up about how I removed a couple of your pics that contained profanity, cop bashing, and encouraging running from the law.

Precisely.

I've sent you one PM nutcase.
Don't make me send you another.
Your attitude needs some adjusting, and I'd be happy to oblige.
Also, don't knock the NOObs - we all have to start somewhere, and he's reading the manual. Good for him, he's learning,which it appears is more than we can say about you......

Old 04-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be somewhere between Shadow/CbrClassic and GSXRNutcase coz although i think that gsxr is an "Irrisponsible Dick" i also think that you guys are getting a bit too upset over his stunting pics in a stunters corner?

Surely you didn't think that everyone in a stunters corner would have their own private playground to stunt on so you must have guessed that something like this would happen

I didn't see gsxr's deleted posts so excuse me if he's been far worse than i've seen on here but from what i've seen he just seems like a braindead kid rather than malicious in any way.

Just my opinion guys, probably not needed or wanted but free speech and all that crap

Don't bash me, i'm just trying to referee the fight, lol. Ding! Ding! Round 2

Gaz (why didn't i keep my big mouth shut? lol)

Old 04-22-2010, 07:37 AM

Upset ?
No, not at all.
Yes pehaps if you'd seen the posts that were deleted you might have a different perspective on things, particularly as they went against all the things we stand for on this forum
Respect for the law
Unacceptable irresponsible remarks about running from the police, etc etc.
Also bashing noobs - no no no.....+ profanity.......
I'd agree with you - he's not malicious, just not too well informed,
and perhaps a little too full of himself, as we all were at that age.
This has never been a personal issue for me, but we have a responsibility to
all the members, not just the "splinter groups"whose choices may be "off the wall" to the majority of us.
Many a young member reads these posts, and we wouldn't want it thought that we condoned irresponsible behaviour by allowing people to post stuff that wasn't "right or proper" and causing the injury or worse to a youngster as a result.

I don't really care what you ride, just as long as it has two wheels and a Honda engine, be it trials, stunting, offroad, whatever. They all have a place, and long may it so continue...............

I guess we're trying, as Mods, and responsible members, to lead by example.
But as has been said "If you don't know where you're going any road will lead you there."
Hopefully we're on the right road.......................
The guidelines are quite clear.........................
End of round two Ding ! Ding !

Last edited by Shadow; 04-22-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Well Shadow,
I thought there might be more to it than i'd seen as he'd had posts deleted which is why i put the escape clause in my post, lol. You have to at least look like you're abiding by the law. I think everyone bends or breaks the law, whether it be a number plate too small for the regulations, or a noisy exhaust that's above the allowed DB limit etc, but i suppose giving "The Fuzz" the slip is going a bit far and i don't agree with bashing noobs or anyone else unless they really deserve it.

It still strikes me as a bit weird that you have a stunting section or whatever it's called, (not really took much notice apart from this thread) as this must encourage such posts?

Gaz

P.S. Don't think i'm trying to be argumentative, i'm just having an intelligent conversation, or as close as i'm going to get to one, lol.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM

It might sound a bit strange given my earlier comments, but they were directed more at the individual than "stunters" as a group. I think they have their right to a place in the sun like any specific group, like the road bikes, cruisers, etc as mentioned before. I think they're all mad but that's just me - I hate to see a bike fall down, no matter what, so seeing the stunters fall off still gives me the *******, but that's as much a part of stunting, as a power slide into a corner on a sports bike. I was sent a vid of the world stunt champs from a couple of years ago, and I'm still amazed they're not all dead or crippled before they hit 25.....!!
Sure everyone breaks the law - but there are degrees of that, as there are in any crime from petty theft to grand larceny. The differences are what I'm concerned about, where youngsters might get the impression that it's "cool" to run from the Po-Po's, or swear at them, or put the lives of others in danger. I really don't care if you have a small plate (I have one myself) or if your pipes are louder than they should be - so what ? All it'll do is set off some alarms in the parking garages No one will be harmed by these so called crimes. Do I speed - hell yes, and I've been caught for it and had to pay the fine just like anyone else. Just because I'm a Court Official doesn't make me immune from prosecution. Hell, as a member of the public you can at least stand up and have your say - what do I do ? I just take it, shut up and pay it - I don't really have a choice.
Stunters are a specific discipline - my issue as stated above isn't with stunters, just with members (in any discipline or area) who are sending the wrong message to impressionable or younger other members.
I trust this clears up where we as Mods are at on the issues - it's all about doing what we love, as safely as is possible.
A GOOD DAY IS WHEN YOU GET TO WALK AWAY FROM A WRECK
A GREAT DAY IS WHEN YOU GET TO USE THE BIKE AGAIN, LATER TOO

Last edited by Shadow; 04-22-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:04 AM

Whaat? who likes to read all those annoying words, when you can just look at pretty pictures instead? Its much better for us illiterate types....

Edit: Although i wasn't a fan of looking at half-naked guy over there...

Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stunting isn't the issue. Nobody cares if people come on here to give tips or techniques. That's what this section is for. Nobody is gonna ban you for throwing up a stunt pic, either.
The problem lies somewhat with posting pics doing stupid stuff around other vehicles on public roads, but more-so with general idiocy.
If you want to bash on cops or encourage running from the law, it won't be tolerated here. If you spew out total BS, use profanity, then trash talk other members.... we'll show you the door.

This is not a difficult concept to understand. We don't like troublemaking and we don't like blatant stupidity. There's nothing more to explain.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The way I see it, guys who stunt have a set of skills and basic mentality I can't mirror. The willingness to sacrifice their bodies and bikes to hone their balance, control and awareness I admire a lot. I'm too old and too attached to my things to risk body and bike to do the same. Only had 1 broken bone in my entire life (ankle) and really don't want to repeat it now if I can avoid it.

But what I don't like about some stunters is the perceived need to say "**** everybody!" in what they do. I've seen some stunt shows and demonstrations that left me wondering if gravity were optional for those guys. But they were also very conscious of the image they projected. They weren't stunting as a way to give the finger to everyone. They were stunting to show what could be done with dedication and skill.

That's the difference I think some of the people that hit this section miss. The "underground rebel" attitude isn't needed any more. Stunting is accepted, at least among the reasonable. But the "**** you" attitude isn't accepted simply because it isn't necessary.

Oh as for the lack of stunt parks and places to practice. The guys on another forum devoted to stunting have gone so far as to create disclaimers and seeking out the property owners for permission to use their lots. Seems to work as many have reported not only getting the permission but even having the leos leave them alone when they show the form. Sometimes even staying to watch

Old 04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while i dont condone running from the po po or bashing ppl.riding a sport bike is a responsibility that maybe should not be taken on by someone that will run from the law because somebody on a forum said it was fun or a good idea. btu then again i am 30 now and if i had one at 18 id be a dead **** from doing everything that makes us all look bad.

Quick Reply: 80MPH Wheelie!!!!