Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2003 cbr600rr =-( hard time getting it up

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northernfirepower
Also try adding some "NOS" additive to your fuel
Ya and dont get the cheap stuff from Autozone, get the good one from Seven Eleven next to the Red Bull...

Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 AM

When you clutch, you should only have your index finger on the clutch, maybe your middle finger also. with all 4 fingers on the clutch you wont be able to dump it fast enough and still be able to keep good control of your bike while its coming up. I have a 06 CBR600RR and I cant get my front wheel up in 2nd going slower than 60 mph, then revving. Stand ups on my bike require me to go at least 35-40 mph.

With your bike it will be a little difficult to find the groove, but you need to preload the front shocks, as your bringing the RPMs up to about 10-12 grand. then as you let your weight off the front end and pull back, you need to dump the clutch.. remember only index finger and maybe also middle finger if you have small hands.

Dont pay much attention to the RPM count, if you have a long private road to practice on, just listin to the bike and concentrait on doing it in one smooth motion. if it doesnt come up make the bike scream a tad bit louder, until it finally starts coming up. No jerking. And be careful it is easy to 12 your bike if your new to stand ups.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by MuSiC
When you clutch, you should only have your index finger on the clutch, maybe your middle finger also. with all 4 fingers on the clutch you wont be able to dump it fast enough and still be able to keep good control of your bike while its coming up. I have a 06 CBR600RR and I cant get my front wheel up in 2nd going slower than 60 mph, then revving. Stand ups on my bike require me to go at least 35-40 mph.

With your bike it will be a little difficult to find the groove, but you need to preload the front shocks, as your bringing the RPMs up to about 10-12 grand. then as you let your weight off the front end and pull back, you need to dump the clutch.. remember only index finger and maybe also middle finger if you have small hands.

Dont pay much attention to the RPM count, if you have a long private road to practice on, just listin to the bike and concentrait on doing it in one smooth motion. if it doesnt come up make the bike scream a tad bit louder, until it finally starts coming up. No jerking. And be careful it is easy to 12 your bike if your new to stand ups.
thank you for the tips i bought a new chain cause i need it so i also ordered a new front sprocket i went down a tooth should be in with in a few days once i get it put on ill try it

Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by itgbudeev
The whole point of clutching it is to release it fast. You should drop it completely... Disengage, rev, dump the clutch. You're honestly going to fast to start with, its simple physics. If the wheel is already spinning fast, you're going to require much higher rpms to get it up. Slow it down, listen and feel the bike, don't go by numbers. There is no magic formula, each bike and rider combo is different.
I would not advise dumping the clutch, if you do the bike will jerk forward and you will crush your *****. Anyways, it will not be a smooth lift and it can flip you over if you misjudge your throttle power. Release the clutch quickly but do not dump it.

dude i can do wheelies at 15mph, you do not need to go so fast! the important thing is after slipping the clutch you bring your rpm up hella. just stop getting scared and bring that rpm higher and higher and you will lift.

it aint the bike bro its ya

Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
Release the clutch quickly but do not dump it.
I don't see a difference here. The clutch must be "dumped" so that all the torque of the motor can be transferred to the wheel at once to overcome the weight of the front end and lift it up.

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com

dude i can do wheelies at 15mph, you do not need to go so fast!
He is doing 2nd gear wheelies, and you're learning with 1st gear..

Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 AM

He is doing 2nd gear wheelies, and you're learning with 1st gear..[/quote]

yeah well i got first gear sit down wheelies down and now since i dropped a tooth on the front sprocket i can do 2nd gear wheelies with out a problem and damn did just dropping one tooth did a lot for acceleration the bike tops out in no time

Old 05-31-2009, 03:07 AM

most 600's have plenty of power to clutch up second without preload at all!

a few things i've learned on my f4i, don't preload throttle then pop clutch... pull clutch till it's disengauged then rev then dump. Do not use 4 fingers!! don't even use 2!!! for me my index finger isn't strong enough to do 1 finger pulls BUT my middle finger is! using my middle finger pull in just enough to disengauge and rev engine then let go and bike comes up!

ok so initially learning I found that my bike would come up in second if the bike was cold. As the bike warmed up I noticed a sharp decline in the ability to lift the wheel up at all. Gave my bike to an experienced person with wheelies and even he could not lift second up! We've tried dumping at 8k 12k and nothing just a hefty lurch. Bike only had 22k miles on it yet my clutch was slipping under heavy torque. Bought a EBC friction plate set and new steel plates... clutch feels so awesome.. so much that it indeed makes my bike bite HARD. second lifts without any effort and can even slightly get third up about 1foot WITHOUT preload.

My only current issue is keeping them up. The way I ride with my throttle hand at normal rest I cannot pull and get WOT without seriously trying to break my arm. The throttle just has to much turn to me. I have to over grip my throttle to get a full pull to WOT. Because of this when I pull my wheelies I'm unable to maintain them simply because I cannot put enough throttle behind them after they lift up. And I'm slowly learning to overgrip my throttle or I'll probably get the HRC quick throttle kit and swap out my throttle for a RC51 throttle.

Last edited by nekidfrog; 05-31-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by nekidfrog
My only current issue is keeping them up. The way I ride with my throttle hand at normal rest I cannot pull and get WOT without seriously trying to break my arm. The throttle just has to much turn to me. I have to over grip my throttle to get a full pull to WOT. Because of this when I pull my wheelies I'm unable to maintain them simply because I cannot put enough throttle behind them after they lift up. And I'm slowly learning to overgrip my throttle or I'll probably get the HRC quick throttle kit and swap out my throttle for a RC51 throttle.
Have you tried adjusting the free-play?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:30 PM

yea already tried that.. i have zero free play in my throttle at least I think there isn't. The throttle has no jiggle to it and is very tight on pull.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

above post is right on. There is no magic formula but i would say try slower, you wont need as much engine behind the wheelie.

Quick Reply: 2003 cbr600rr =-( hard time getting it up