Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

Highway riding in the cold

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's in the high 70's in Phoenix, keep suffering on the east coast. . . .

Old 03-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halffast1g
wait til the summer when it'll hit 100+ degrees in phoenix..then who will be suffering lol

Old 03-06-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by chetman7
after driving from NYC to Albany via NYS thruway for over 5 years...I love the drive. After a while you can figure out a trend of where the cop hot spots are...clean roads no pot holes to worry about...just long smooth straight open road.
I usually take 17N thru jersey to get to the thruway...that on the other hand is a different story.

very true... they are still out there but they are so predictable where they stay... exit 16-17, exit 19-20 are major hot spots

as for riding on your bike, ive done it many times... becareful because there are flat spots around and thats where the wind picks up.... There are times where im riding next to a hill and then it flattens out and then my bike becomes unstable... its very fun on the thru way tho

Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by halffast1g

Ive been riding this whole past week, except Wednesday there was a little snow, and yesterday because I wasnt around my bike. Today was awesome out.

But yea I cant wait for the 70s though.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:20 AM

Can't wait for the 50's! Wisconsin Sucks, save for when I'm riding!

Old 03-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's in the high 40's today... might have been a bit colder since I was making my way up a mountain. I went out for a ride and had to get some gas. The gas attendant came out and was all like, "How the hell are you riding in this cold?"

Can't wait for the 60's-70's so I can start hitting something other than highways.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
It's in the high 40's today... might have been a bit colder since I was making my way up a mountain. I went out for a ride and had to get some gas. The gas attendant came out and was all like, "How the hell are you riding in this cold?"

Can't wait for the 60's-70's so I can start hitting something other than highways.
+1....the back road twisties have been callin my name all winter.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by chetman7
+1....the back road twisties have been callin my name all winter.
dude i hit some sickkk twisties today... I have been on the road once with my car, and today was the first time with my bike. And a yellow 900rr and yellow gix were on it too i guess its a popular road and its right near my work too which is a plus, and then hit another twisty road that ive been on a bunch of times mad fun today was a good day i just got back

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard there was some pleasant weather for the NY metro area today. I just came in from lunch and I was greeted by snow flurries. This winter is never ever ever ever EVER going to end... :P

Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Konamtbdjc
dude i hit some sickkk twisties today... I have been on the road once with my car, and today was the first time with my bike. And a yellow 900rr and yellow gix were on it too i guess its a popular road and its right near my work too which is a plus, and then hit another twisty road that ive been on a bunch of times mad fun today was a good day i just got back
lucky. im still waiting for warmer weathers. Gotta love twisties where there are no houses in site, barely any other drivers, and there is dense woods on both sides of the road for no cop to hide in.
pure sex

Quick Reply: Highway riding in the cold