Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

streetfighter build ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile streetfighter build ?????????

Hello, iv got a 98 cbr600 that was given to me, it was already streetfightered but i decided to strip it right down and start again to make it look better and more modern....want to put a bit of money behind the bike as a project. iv decided to do the 05 600rr tail conversion which iv purchased everything i need to do so for that already..... couple of things that im not sure about and would appreciate if any of yee experienced builders would cast opinion on...

1. engine.... degreasing it and having it powdercoated along with the frame swingarm, wheels, and miscellaneous bits and pieces.... but is the powder coating the best way to go ? or just get them sprayed or even could i do it myself with spray cans as iv done spraying alot before on cars and am quiet handy at it....

2. has anyone got any great websites for aftermarket bits and bobs.... i want to do and undertail conversion, put a clocks on the bike because it has none and a few more things make it look modern

3 Any help or tips/pointer or do's and donts would be greatly appreciated overall because im a complete noob to bikes and im reading everything in these forums to try expand my knowledge.

Thanks for reading feel free to post

Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

spray the motor yourself with engine enamel. degrease it first obviously.

i use ebay for all of my parts, there are some streetfighter part websites out there, but everything they have is CRAZY expensive.

as far as tips and what not - just have fun with it. make sure it's safe to ride, but have fun with it. bikes are about fun, fighters doubly so