Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

My project almost done!

Old 08-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My project almost done!

I bought this bike for $400 the guy was very honest he told me his friend who owns a motorcycle shop gave him the bike so he could learn how to ride... He told me he dropped it dozens of time! But it ran great besides a little carb issue It had which is now fixed, and he sprayed the entire bike flat black including wires tires rims everything!!!!!! So first thing I did was sand it down mask it off (as much I could) and painted it blue! Now let me just mention the paint came out lighter than I expected but oh well better than spray bombed black... I put the traditional street fighter front fairing on it and LED tail light and turn signals. I just ordered a 2007 yamaha R6 tail and seat for that sleek look which will be going on in a few days. I will be replacing ALL hoses and re-wrapping the the wiring harness. Also on the way is custom flamed shaped levers, Mirrors, and a new speedo(Not Digital) Heres a pic of my progress so far any suggestions would be helpful!
Side note- New tires, Chain, Sprockets, and an F4 front mud guard are also on the way...

1994 CBR 600 F2- K&N Filter, Yoshi Slip-On, NGK Plugs, Jetted to Stage 2

Attached Thumbnails My project almost done!-bike4.jpg   My project almost done!-bike5.jpg   My project almost done!-bike2.jpg   My project almost done!-bike1.jpg   My project almost done!-bike3.jpg  

Last edited by Nick Smith; 08-02-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:33 AM

for some reason those headlights always make me cringe, maybe its because i hate the cgi transformer movies and that reminiscent look.. maybe a new light? dunno how set you are on it..

good luck with the wiring harnesses, i have to do the same thing and go through everything when i get the time, im dreading it so im interested to see your progress in that area.

other than that, i would be ripping that thing around every twist and turn i could, it looks like a fun bike and it sounds like it runs smooth

Old 08-02-2014, 06:25 PM

I too personally hate the look of the headlight but when I got the bike it had the stock head light with a huge custom welded crash bar around it I **** you not it weighed 17 pounds and this head light was only 23 bucks on eBay so why not lol. The previous owner hacked up the wiring I'm still sorting through it will let u know how it goes.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:07 AM

LOL that's a shocking paint job man sorry, what happens when you want to take the wheels off?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You can't see anything at nighttime with those headlights - and foul weather can make the bulbs pop.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong with them.

I like the bobber part of the seat - that came out really nice.

What are you going to do with the R6 tail? What year is it?

Old 08-04-2014, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
You can't see anything at nighttime with those headlights - and foul weather can make the bulbs pop.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong with them.

I like the bobber part of the seat - that came out really nice.

What are you going to do with the R6 tail? What year is it?
The tail is off an 07 I plan on wrapping it in carbon fiber to match the head light and turn signals. Tonight was the first time I had it out at night and your right cant see crap, So I guess Im going to order a new projection headlight or something not sure yet... Im also going to pull the engine and paint it black. Do you know how I can pull the wheels off without a stand? Thanks I chopped the rear end off and welded a piece of pipe across for support came out ok but will look a million time better when My tail gets here!

Old 08-16-2014, 12:46 PM

Didn't mean any offence earlier nick, I know it's just your hack bike. Just a shame the previous owner spray bombed it.