Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Duc CBR F3

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found some GSXR front ends with everything on ebay for like 300, which is tempting, but I think that's going to be the last thing I do. I'm concerned about wheel and rotor fitment. Is it as simple as getting different sized rotors?

It's pretty close to being finished, I just to be motivated to do it all haha. Only parts I need to buy are frame sliders and the 848 seat latch. The stupid latch is 35 bucks though. Ugh. Maybe I'll make one.

To do:

-Fix fans. I think when the PO crashed the fan got smashed against the radiator.

-Finish headlight fairing. There's a reason I haven't put a pic of it up...it looks like garbage right now.

-Get speedo to work. (pita for some reason...)

-Sand and paint frame where I ground the tabs off.

-Paint petcock. Hopefully the paint shop will so I don't have to.

-Make instrument panel. I'm only putting signal lights, a neutral light, the speedo, and a switch for the fan.

Shooting for done before may.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

if you swap the entire front end, then its as easy as putting the triple on the frame....

but, wheels have different rotor offsets, rotors have different thicknesses as well as different diameters and mounts.

so if you were looking at gixxer forks, the best thing to do would be gixxer axle,spacers, wheels, rotors, calipers, triple tree. remember you can sell your stuff too. and i got a lot of money for my f3 front end (i think it was like 400 for everything including the clip-ons) when i parted it out.

but i hear ya on the buyin' expensive parts that should be cheaper....

i've got my SSSA ready to go, but no rear axle and hub. on ebay, they're asking for a used axle almost what ronayers wants for a brand new one. i'm trying to hold out for one, but damn, i'm gettin antsy.

that bike is going to be a blast to ride, so get it on the road!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must say I really love the way the bike is coming out. That Ducati rear end is pure sex as well as that exhaust job. Builds like this and the ones I find on custom fighters make me want to start a build like this real bad.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Baby update. Got the fan working. The relay was probably busted or something, but I just wired it to a switch that I'll turn on when I'm around town or in traffic.

Still waiting on my parts back. Although I did a horrendous job making the side fairings, so the body work on those is going to be a PITA.

So now for this bike to be finished, I need to finish the headlight / cluster assembly. Sounds easy...

But I still want a few things when I get the money...
-aftermarket gas cap
-aftermarket rearsets
-usd forks
-brembos
-vfr sssa
-better taillight

But I'm guessing after I finish this guy I'll sell it and get a Daytona or a VFR. There's actually a VFR with a salvage title in my area for under 2k...I want it.

Pics tomorrow!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 AM

Wow I don't think I could part that easily with something i put that much time and care into :P

Old 04-25-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
Wow I don't think I could part that easily with something i put that much time and care into :P

I think the same thing, but I bet once I hear the sound of a V4 in person I'll have no problem doing so.

Soooo if anyone wants this bike, shoot me an offer. I'll know for sure by saturday if I'm getting a new bike or not. And I'll have pics up whenever I get the parts back. I'd just be looking to cover the expenses, really.

Edit: Guy sold the bike. Reality check. I think I would've had postpartum depression if I sold this. But that doesn't mean I don't wish it had a V4.

Last edited by cbrzilla10; 04-25-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:19 PM

FINALLY got my parts back from paint. Well worth the wait though!! Now I have to finish the headlight and I'm done.

Just have to paint, sand the imperfections that show, and repaint.
Name:  P5040350.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  P5040354.jpg
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  P5040353.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  P5040351.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  95.7 KB

What has been taking up my time....
Name:  P5040355.jpg
Size:  61.4 KB

Pedal power paddle boat!

Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

idk why we even post zilla, only me, you, cynical, and conrice even look in this section lol...

the art of fightering is non existent here

bike looks good man, interested to see what that headlight looks like man

Old 05-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
idk why we even post zilla, only me, you, cynical, and conrice even look in this section lol...

the art of fightering is non existent here

bike looks good man, interested to see what that headlight looks like man
hahaha, for real, but we know where its really at - fighterering!

awesome job so far zilla! can't wait to see it all done. i really like how you integrated to original f3 side/tail fairing into it. lookin' good

Old 05-17-2011, 01:54 PM

Are you putting huge paddles off the side of that boat?