CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   Duc CBR F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/duc-cbr-f3-121813/)

cbrzilla10 03-01-2011 12:15 PM

Duc CBR F3

I have an F3 that was all beat up and I really don't like the way full faired F3's look anyways, so why not fighter it and make it look exactly like I want it to?

I have pics of the entire process that I will post tonight when I have time, but I just wanted you guys to know there's another one on here!!

cbrzilla10 03-06-2011 08:25 PM

25 Attachment(s)
How I got the bike:

Attachment 49709

(I actually installed the gold levers. Don't really like them anyways, but that's a problem for later.)

Stator cover. It was leaking, so I replaced it.
Attachment 49710

Pic from her last ride as an F3.
Attachment 49711

Parts...
Attachment 49712
Attachment 49713
Attachment 49714
Attachment 49715

Sexy lines...
Attachment 49716

Built a mounting bracket for the exhaust. Rough, but maybe I'll keep it. I like its simplicity.
Attachment 49717
Attachment 49718

Then I got ballsy one day and cut off the subframe.
Attachment 49719
Attachment 49720

And now I have no room for the battery, rr, ecu, main fuse, and all the connectors that are connected to the battery box. That will soon be fixed!

Rough mount. (will be welded and sleeved. Bottom mount is being fabricated..
Attachment 49721

Mockup pic
Attachment 49722
Attachment 49723

Did some wiring also.
Before:
Attachment 49724
After:
Attachment 49725
Removed:
Attachment 49726

New reservoir placement:
Attachment 49727

Did some more wire cutting and shortening. Also took the coolant overflow out. Now I have to find a cool looking water bottle to replace it. The battery will be placed on the swinger where the coolant bottle was.
Attachment 49728

POS exhaust
Attachment 49729

I put rigid copper tubing in this drain pipe and was able to kinda mock up an exhaust.
Attachment 49730

Cut off the helmet lock and reservoir holder to make these passenger pegs work. Still need a lot of work, as you can see they are uneven in the second pic due to bad initial mounting.
Attachment 49731
Attachment 49732

Headlight came in the mail
Attachment 49733

Passenger seat is coming in the mail, and the battery is being ordered tomorrow.
And that's where I am now. It's been a little under a month since I started, and my goal is to be done by april. Things left to do are:

Have the subframe welded
Have exhaust made
Modify F3 side fairings to cover up all the ugliness
Make battery mount
Make ECU mount
Make main fuse mount
Modify right rearset to mount RR
Fabricate front fairing and integrate turn signals
Get a new left grip to match the right one.
Take tank and rear fairing to bodyshop to get painted (Pearl White)
Polish gas cap
Make seat latch release
Replace chain and sprockets (right now it's -1, +2. LAME)
Jet carbs for Duc. exhaust
License plate mount/ tag light
Wire everything.
RIDE!!!!:icon_bike:

Conrice 03-08-2011 08:36 AM

sweet, i was lookin at the first few pics going (damn, those f3's have a fat ass!), good choice with the duc tail...

thats going to be a great bike once you get done. dont get in too much of a hurry though, it'll all come together.

how much slack do you have on the shock resevior hose? only reason i ask is because the swing arm travels where as where its mounted on the tail section on the f3 subframe, it doesnt.

cbrzilla10 03-08-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1022821)
sweet, i was lookin at the first few pics going (damn, those f3's have a fat ass!), good choice with the duc tail...

thats going to be a great bike once you get done. dont get in too much of a hurry though, it'll all come together.

how much slack do you have on the shock resevior hose? only reason i ask is because the swing arm travels where as where its mounted on the tail section on the f3 subframe, it doesnt.

The quick progress was due to me thinking about it for like a month then just getting everything done right away. Now I hit a point where I have to think how to fabricate parts and stuff so it has come back to a normal pace now.

The reservoir is going to be mounted more forward than it shows due to exactly what you just said. Good eye!

I ordered LED's for my turn signals, 140 and 142.5 jets so I can 'tune' it, and a battery. I ended up going with a www.mavirykdesigns.com battery, so I'll have a review up after a while of using it. It was pricey, but it's the only one that will fit in my mounting location.

NYKnick1015 03-08-2011 03:48 PM

that looks pretty sweet... i was thinking about swapping my f3 tail for a new tail... and i like the front of the f3's i just hate the tail sections

miksane 03-14-2011 01:17 PM

What headlight????

Conrice 03-14-2011 02:19 PM

ya, what are you going to do with the headlight? the rest of the bike is going to be too sweet for a plain acerbis

scorpionvmu 03-15-2011 03:46 AM

i love that project. looks great so far.

cbrzilla10 03-19-2011 12:52 AM

The headlight is a 7" round. And the signals are amber LED strips shaped into arrows so something similar to this : <O> haha looks like an eyeball. If only you could take the lens of the headlight off. Then I'd put a halo in it and make it a serious eyeball!!

I was going to have Z do the leds for this but it's not even Audi lights and halos, I'm figuring it out as I go so it would've been a total headache for him to even bother with figuring out exactly what I want.

Tons of progress has been made since the last update too. I will take pictures tomorrow after I finish the battery box and mounting the passenger pegs. The battery is on it's way too. Right now I cut a 4"x4" piece of lumber into the size it's going to be and I'm using that! I was cranking it with my car battery for the first time in like a month and accidentally turned the petcock on while the fuel line wasn't connected...yeah...the whole house smells of gas. My parents are angry.

I gotta hurry up so I can ride!!

Conrice 03-20-2011 01:00 PM

hahaha i used to take my bike apart all the time in my college apartment, the excess gas that was left in the lines / carbs would always get into the carpet in the living room. my roommate always gave me sh*t. don't worry, it'll go away in a lil while.

can't wait to see pics with that rear end coming together.