Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Z, I see you changed your mind about doing a 18. Thank goodness, its perfect with 17's. A 18 would remind me of a wide tired busa.....not cool..... Im seriously thinking about doing this as my final upgrade.

Conrice, I ride the Shinko 009 and love them. My buddy has a gixxer 1000 with the 010's also known as Apex and hes a experienced motorcyclist like me. He loves those tires and he came from pilot powers. He already stated that hands down the pilots dont compare to the Apex. He's sold on the Shinko....I am too and my next set will be the 010 Apexs

^^^^ lol which is funny bc all you ever hear is people bashing shinko's

but if you swear by em, maybe ill give them a go for next season, since if im going to replace one tire, might as well do both at the same time

and yea, from the first pics con had posted the 17 didnt look big enough, but after some side shots im convinced haha...

im just pumped a buddy donated a swing arm to my cause

Old 07-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Z, I see you changed your mind about doing a 18. Thank goodness, its perfect with 17's. A 18 would remind me of a wide tired busa.....not cool..... Im seriously thinking about doing this as my final upgrade.

Conrice, I ride the Shinko 009 and love them. My buddy has a gixxer 1000 with the 010's also known as Apex and hes a experienced motorcyclist like me. He loves those tires and he came from pilot powers. He already stated that hands down the pilots dont compare to the Apex. He's sold on the Shinko....I am too and my next set will be the 010 Apexs
sweet man, because i love the pilot power, the tread looks almost the same on the apex as it does the pp. i had heard good things from people that have actually used them. and you can't beat the price.

all i've heard is people being surprised by how good they actually are.

Last edited by Conrice; 07-07-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:09 PM

damn, the way my day is going, i wish i just wouldn't have even woke up this morning... haha

so i got a used eibach spring for $12 and i got a viffer dogbone and triangles for $15 off fleabay. i figured a nice little day of replacing the spring on my rear shock and getting the ride height right was just what the doctor ordered

wrong!

where to begin... where to begin... trying to get the dogbone off was a pain in the ***. first, i had to drop the midpipe off, then pull the grommet out of exhaust midpipe mount just to get the stud out of the dogbone (honda just couldn't make it easy, could they?).

then since my bike is being supported by an cherry picker, i figured i'd move the swingarm down to play see what would look good as far as ride height. i then discovered after the swingarm wouldn't move down because it was actually resting on the engine. i mean, its barely touching, but its there. (if anyone ever looked at papabears 954 fighter build on cf, he had the same thing happen to him) so now i have to pull the arm off and the rearset off (because i don't feel like bleeding the brakes again) and grind a little more off the arm on the right side.... not to mention the chain and everything has to come off too.

but it doesn't matter because i'd have to take the arm off the bike anyways to get the shock out - which i found out after about a half an hour of swearing because of all the extra work i have to do to get that thing out (tank removal too).

just venting, but this few hours of changing some stuff on my bike just turned into an all out build day. i'll take some pics of it after its all done.... but man, i'm going to be putting in a lot of hrs on it today and it'll hardly look different. oh well, thats what comes with doing stuff that there isn't a manual for. and it'll be done right and i know it'll be done right, so there is a lot of good in that

we've had nothing but rain the last week - so the mosquitos are insane out in the garage too. i've got a bunch of citronella candles burning in the garage to try and help.

oh well, enough complaining, i'm gettin off my *** and back into the garage to DW.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol sounds like a hellofa day haha, i know the feeling

Old 07-13-2011, 03:54 PM

great build thread .....SSSA=Win

Old 07-21-2011, 12:48 PM

Hey guy where is the f*cking updates?!?!?

J/K

Old 07-22-2011, 09:30 AM

this weekend, i'll have some.

shinko's 010s are on the way. 120/70/17 and a 200/50/17. the front came, it looks pretty damn good.

i had to order a spring compressor off fleabay in order to change the spring. not one bike shop in my area could do it (the big dealerships didn't even understand what i meant by "changing the spring on my rear shock"). and the rental ones from autozone were too big to fit inside the coils of the spring.

i've got that done now. i'll have pics up this weekend.

also, i finally decided i can't stand the lighting in my garage, so i bought flourescent lights so now i can actually see in the garage when the door is closed.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:07 PM

What was wrong with your PPs? They look good on the pics.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:27 PM

they're at the wear strips in the middle. but no chicken strips, i'll get on the edge when i can and with rainy season approaching, i'm not taking the no tread risk, that didn't bode well for me a few years ago. living in florida, weather turns on you in 5 minutes. both of the shinkos got here by y-day, and i can't wait to get them on. they look like the pp's, and the 200 rear is going to be a perfect fit on the rear rim.

after a week of playing with everything, the aftermarket spring didn't work. its a half in. shorter than the stock spring. so i had to run it with the preload all the way up in order to make it sit tight - and even then it wasn't too tight. i think i maybe got a half to a full inch back of ride height with the viffer dogbone with some aftermarket triangles i had lying around.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Quick Reply: Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread