Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

'95 F3 tail conversion help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate that, especially from you. I know the work you put in.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Welcome Crew

I knew I saw it somewhere. Now I know your going fighter style but this gentleman has an f1 and actually did a 03 600rr conversion. Give him a shout if you need specific questions to your bike answered. He answered alot of mine and was more then helpful in helping me get the look and positioning I wanted. This is his thread in the f1 section. Anything else ya need feel free to let me know. I should have m tail off sometime this week for measurements for another member, let me know if you want them too.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtcole
I knew I saw it somewhere. Now I know your going fighter style but this gentleman has an f1 and actually did a 03 600rr conversion. Give him a shout if you need specific questions to your bike answered. He answered alot of mine and was more then helpful in helping me get the look and positioning I wanted.
This is his thread in the f1 section. Anything else ya need feel free to let me know. I should have m tail off sometime this week for measurements for another member, let me know if you want them too.
Dude you're awesome! Thank you so much for all the help. And yeah if you don't Mind the measurements would be great!!

Old 09-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Welcome Crew

Well I got a couple measurements for ya. The main ones for me when I started anyway.
This is the side length. from center bolt hole to tip of tail.

Also, the little piece that sticks out, its where the taillights
bolt up, that is literally all I had to modify for the tail to fit. I just bent it up right after the lower subframe brace meets the upper. Then ran a smaill piece of aluminum bent in a u shape to hold the taillight and bolt to the side of the tail in the rear. Very easy. Took longer figuring out how low I wanted mount the tail then actually mounting it.

The second important measurement to me was the width between the sides where the seat mounts.

Dont know if you can see it but it is 11 1/2 inches across. The amount you set it back from the tank and height you mount it is dependent upon the look you want. I trimmed two spots where the subframe meets the tail to drop it about an inch so it would cover the lower subframe. normally it just rides there. The brackets for the seat and to hold the pilon are all simply bolted to the frame for now. I plan to redesign it later but for now I went with simplicity. Hope these help some man, anything else you need specifically, feel free to shout