Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

'95 F3 tail conversion help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 F3 tail conversion help?

Hey all, so I'm wanting to convert the tail end of my F3 to something smaller and a two piece seat, I hate feeling like I have a jetski with lights and wheels and quite frankly it just has a fat a**. Any ideas/suggestions on a tail I can swap with that requires little/no modification to the stock subframe?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the f3 but I know the rr seat mounts to an f2 with little modification. I dropped mine down to cover the lower subframe and have to make new side panels, but there are pics of it just mocked up in my build thread. Very lil modification to get where its at now.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by gtcole
Not sure about the f3 but I know the rr seat mounts to an f2 with little modification. I dropped mine down to cover the lower subframe and have to make new side panels, but there are pics of it just mocked up in my build thread. Very lil modification to get where its at now.
Awesome!! What year rr tail did you use?

Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Welcome Crew

I used the 03-04. I know 05-06 fits too, but I went with the 03-04 due to the tail itself being longer and covering more.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM

I used the 03-04. I know 05-06 fits too, but I went with the 03-04 due to the tail itself being longer and covering more.
Last question, if you don't mind what kind of modification did you have to do to the subframe or new tail to make it fit??

Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Welcome Crew

Honestly not many. In this pic I dropped it lower to cover the lower subframe. But even without dropping it this low, it will cover most of it, but the front legs of the tail ride just on top of the lower subframe bar. All I did was bend the rear that you can see sticking out up, grab some aluminum stock from lowes, extended (using bolts) the back portion to bolt to the tailight and drilled a hole to bolt the front on. Other then that, the rear pilon mount had to be made, again nothing major. Flat aluminum from lowes did the job. Theres more pics if you click the link in my sig, should be the last page or two shows the different positions I tried, before ultimately settling on the one I took. I know the tail is 36 inches from front tip to rear tip.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:51 AM

Honestly not many. In this pic I dropped it lower to cover the lower subframe. But even without dropping it this low, it will cover most of it, but the front legs of the tail ride just on top of the lower subframe bar. All I did was bend the rear that you can see sticking out up, grab some aluminum stock from lowes, extended (using bolts) the back portion to bolt to the tailight and drilled a hole to bolt the front on. Other then that, the rear pilon mount had to be made, again nothing major. Flat aluminum from lowes did the job. Theres more pics if you click the link in my sig, should be the last page or two shows the different positions I tried, before ultimately settling on the one I took. I know the tail is 36 inches from front tip to rear tip.
That's awesome!! Thank you so much for the help man!!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice job gtcole!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Welcome Crew

Anytime, any other questions just ask away.
Thanks conrice still a wip

Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

still a wip
Haha, I know the feeling! They always are. I checked out your thread - you're doing some some serious work. I dig it.

Quick Reply: '95 F3 tail conversion help?