Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

929rr From Straight Street to a fighter/cafe/street build

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 929rr From Straight Street to a fighter/cafe/street build

i spent the entire winter working on my beast

Mods are as follows

1000rr tail
Shave seat pad
Home made seat wrap
600rr seat cowl
Home made 1/8" aluminum undertail powder coated black
Home made plate and signal braket
R6 Devil high mount shortened pipe, and shortened mid pipe
Dark smoke double bubble windscreen
Home made front signal plates
Custom rear signals
Custom front signsl
Spy5000 Alarm
6k Hids
Powder Coated Heel Guards
Polished frame, wheel lips, swing arm, subframe, rearsets
Yellow braided front lines
Power commander pcIII
Aftermarket all aluminum stalk mirrors
600rr rear hugger
Stock 1000rr grips
Stock 1000rr bar ends

before

after

Old 05-04-2011, 10:28 AM

well anyway its only been a few month since ive been done and i wanna change it up a bit

i think im going to go with this look but build my own bi-xenon projector housing to use as a headlight

im also getting new clip ons, bar end signals, bar end mirrors, shorty lever, new grips to help complete the look

also im relocating the gauge cluster, moving the ignition, fiber glassing a donated tank....

needless to say more pics to come on the front end swap

Old 05-04-2011, 10:28 AM

and im currently working on getting doing a 08 1000rr tail, and doing the conversion this winter when i have time to make my own subframe for it...

here is how thats going

the over all plan is to make a integrated chaser tail light, with 90k mcd leds. Since i will not need rear signals i will make a COMPLETELY smooth undertail pan (similar to the taylormade undertail, out of plexiglass (1 piece rather than 2), and either night shade it black and mount the plate on the back side. It will only be able to be seen, if i turn on the bike as it will have bright plate lights, or I may just paint the plexi black and neglect to paint the area where i plan on mounting the plate. I will also possibly be modifying the actual tail itself, we will have to see on that one...

while im building a 1 off subframe to accommodate this project, and its going on a 929, i figured ide still post it up as the modifications im doing for the tail/tail light/undertail and so on, still relate to the RR...

I got a few guys nice enough to donate a few parts to get me started...

Digg from here donated me a 08 stock tail light, as well as a undertail (not sure if ill need the undertail or not)

and a buddy from another forum donated a stock 08 tail...

so let the process begin, first the plan is to make a "scanner" integrated led tail light like the knight rider mod alot of the 600rr guys do....

so before

after a little dremmel time

what this allowed me to do is remove all the stock led boards, and chips...

this is where i am now on the project.... plan on making a custom integrated led board in the next week or so.... so ill keep you updated

I would also like to give credit to 2 1000rr.net members, seeing their undertails is what gave me entire idea of going with a 08 1k tail, as well as the general design of the tail light and undertail.... mine however will be a totally different final product...

Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 AM

made up a template to base the rest of the undertail on

putting it all together... kinda lol

baby girl felt as though she needed to be included

still working out the kinks on my custom tail light board, so hopefully you will see something on that soon

i decided im going to go ahead and get some plexi, cut it to match the template, then silicone it to the tail, and then tape everything off and make the bottom completely smooth with no lines by filling the extra gap with fiberglass resin

im going to spray the entire tail black, and nightshade the tail light, and possibly silicone around the lenses to make it look completely flush, itll be SO smooth you wont be able to tell i got a tail light till i turn the bike on

with all that said itll look pretty much exactly like a race tail when im done, but with a functional custom integrated tail light ill make sure to post up haha..

plan for the plate mount is either to mount it flush to the 45 degree part of the tail and use a carbon fiber plate frame, with some of my custom led plate light work

or if it that area isnt big enough to buy one of these brackets used on the prior RR's and mount it in the same area

Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 AM

damn rats ate my garbage can

oh well at least they cut me out a undertail template

Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM

now its time for some apoxy to hold the plastic and fairing together, then im going to poor fiberglass resin to fill that little gap between the undertail and fairing

add some apoxy

add some silicone

and now shes ready for some fiberglass resin

Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM

so plans for now are

50 mm clips, signal bar ends, bar end mirrors, new shorty levers, relocate ignition, relocated cluster, fiberglass donated tank, hide all wiring, make bi-xenon projector headlight

and continue my tail as well as my custom integrated tail light board

then this winter to wrap the project up with some pc, finish up the 08 tail with a 1 off subframe and seat (not a uptail im not a fan of those) , and put a new pipe on it haha

i would classify my bike as a race influence streetfighter im trying to make it as clean as possible...

Last edited by __Z__; 05-12-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

lookin' good so far...

keep it goin. that tail is sick

you goin sssa? or are you goin to try and still go with a 954 arm?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM

thx con and yea still tryin to go 954 man..... sssa is just to pricey for me... being poor and all haha

im really excited to start fiberglassing the new tank a buddy hooked me up with

Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Look good man, is the headlight-less bike a "what I want it to look like" pic or is that yours?

Quick Reply: 929rr From Straight Street to a fighter/cafe/street build