Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

929rr From Straight Street to a fighter/cafe/street build

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it still needs a fender but maybe shortened up. Actually I read a great how to the other day about making a fender from scratch with fiberglass I'll see if I can link you.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by DagonRais
I think it still needs a fender but maybe shortened up. Actually I read a great how to the other day about making a fender from scratch with fiberglass I'll see if I can link you.
yea i saw it yesterday, its fat heads write up...

idk well see i think it looks a ton better without one, and i dont really ride in conditions in which ide need one

Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 AM

That's the one.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

nice work man, i don't ride with a fender either.... and i've been caught in the rain without one, and it did soak my guage cluster (just drying it out fixed it though). riding without one doesn't really throw any debris or water (from rain) on you. and i'm with you - it looks a ton better without one on the bike. i plan on eventually making a small one out of some sheet metal and powdercoating it.

thats sweet your powdercoating your top yoke. i thought about powder coating mine - but the only reasonably priced place down here takes FOREVER to get stuff done, and they're not that cheap... but i am starting to get some rust on my risers... so i may have to do it pretty soon. i just keep findin' other stuff i'd rather spend my money on.

where ya putting your ignition at? try to keep it off of the left side of the bike if you're putting it near the frame... thats where i originally wanted to put mine since i've gotten rid of the HTEV servo motor - i had a lot of room for it there. but i realized if i slid forward or moved my leg just right - i'd kill the ignition by turning the key off with my leg- something i didn't want to do mid corner.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
thats sweet your powdercoating your top yoke. i thought about powder coating mine - but the only reasonably priced place down here takes FOREVER to get stuff done, and they're not that cheap... but i am starting to get some rust on my risers... so i may have to do it pretty soon. i just keep findin' other stuff i'd rather spend my money on.
thankfully I know alot of people lol.... i got a buddy that works at a local fab shop, and just so happens they do industrial powder coat...

downside my options are black and well black....

there is another local place i know of that does things for dirt cheap

Originally Posted by Conrice
where ya putting your ignition at? try to keep it off of the left side of the bike if you're putting it near the frame... thats where i originally wanted to put mine since i've gotten rid of the HTEV servo motor - i had a lot of room for it there. but i realized if i slid forward or moved my leg just right - i'd kill the ignition by turning the key off with my leg- something i didn't want to do mid corner.
i had planned on putting it on the right side dag nabbit lol and i think i can place it to where i wont bump it with my leg

Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Look into the RFID ijnigition?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM

ahhhh a little pc and put the honda tag back in, call it a day

Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 AM

and here is the new pipe im hopefully picking up today

here is what it looks like mounted, bu tim mounting mine at a different angle

Last edited by __Z__; 05-12-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DagonRais
Look into the RFID ijnigition?
those are cool... i've looked at the thread on CF... i may eventually end up doing something like that.... but i like a key... thats just me though. when i do a tail swap, i eventually want to put an ignition right under my seat, i just didn't feel like moving the ECU and battery around yet until i had a better option with the tail.

the top yoke looks good. looks factory, good job. that pipes going to look sick.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:04 AM

Plan so far

Black 50mm clip ons
Black Driven Grips
Powder Coated Black Top Triple

Black and gold shorty levers
Led signal bar ends
Bar end mirrors
Relocate cluster
Relocate ignition

New scorpion exhaust
08 tail conversion
Make "race tag" headlight fairing
Bi-xenon 6000k hid projector
Wrap tank in fiberglass
Paint all fairings gloss black with 6" white carbon fiber stripe down the middle (both seats to match)
And fiberglass my own belly pan

everything in red is done, everything in blue is currently doing, and black if future...

bike will be rid able again by the middle of next week, just waiting on a few parts to arrive

Quick Reply: 929rr From Straight Street to a fighter/cafe/street build