Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

92 CBR 600 street fighter

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by modified4speed
it is tube welded to the frame but I cut the weld all the way off and smoothed it down I am going to make my own sub frame, I have a friend that has a arc welder that he can losn me but it is a 220 so I think I am going to get a refill and o/a it.. I've had a bit of practice with o/a just not enough so I am going to take a bit of time to practice. In the mean time I am going to be making a few engine stands for all my spare motors lying around for practice and we will see what is next...
hey, good idea, practice never hurts.

keep us updated

and i'll always say this - there's just something cool about o/a.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know anything about using universal gauges I have heard of vapor but my big question is accuracy. I live in a city where if you are on a rocket no matter what you do you're a criminal and will be treated like one. I am planing on mounting a few cameras on the bike for this exact reason...

By the way I came a cross a full fairing bike so I am taking the subframe off that and making my bike stock and prototype rear ends on the junk frame. There are so many possibilities and its kind of riding season all year here in Florida so I just wanna ride asap cause at the end of the day no matter what I look like or what I'm on at least it has 2 wheels and has more than 500 CC and I've got a smile on my face. I wont lie I have a little kawi 250 that is a pretty fun little B!T@H...

Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 AM

oh ****, where are you in florida? i moved about 3 weeks ago from SWFL (estero). i definitely know what you mean about riding season being all year. and ya, little bikes are fun as hell, my wife's gs500 was fun - you could WOT that thing through all the gears and not be breaking *that* many laws. haha

it's never a bad idea to have one to practice on. besides that way, you can build the whole subframe out, and then you'll just have 4 spots to weld onto your new good frame. that's a really good idea.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM

Wow I live in cape coral just west over the bridge from Ft Myers or about 45 min from Naples which is about the distance from estero. Ya I have been doing some looking and the 600rr rear end looks tight as hell but as we all see on here everyone and their brother has done this and I like unique so I am going to be making my own fairing to directly bolt to the sub frame and make it a solo rider ... I like options so I am going to keep the stock rear parts so in case my girl wants to go out all I have to do is unscrew and screw... I don't mind the 250 too bad it was my first bike a few years ago and Ive been toying with it since I got my buell... I put in over sized piston cylinder was bored .60 I had a set of rods lying around that were slightly longer than the stock so I had the head worked over for the longer bore stroke, it has zx7 carbs with custom mounts and I have made the exhaust 2 to 1 with a D&D can, I flipped the gears and made ram air tubes from pvc I just took about foot of pipe bout an inch and a half diameter took 20 elbows on either side installed pod filters and there are 2 grommets for the pvc that go from the garb boots to the new air box its a perfectly working prototype I am not so sure if it does anything for horses but it looks cool and logically should do something... Just decided I ran the life out of her anyway and ill never get my money out why not waste more I meen the worst that could happen in I could loose a couple bucks but she starts runs and I plan on getting a dyno as soon as I convert it to EFI Im just going to buy a newer model and swap all the electronics and wiring... Ill send pics of her soon if ya want its kind of neat to see...

Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 AM

wow that's funny, we were so close. really, i lived in san carlos park right off alico, but i used to live in the cape too before that. i lived off country club rd.

hell ya man,i'd love to see pics. i love all bikes. what kind of buell do you have? i've got an xb9r

Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 PM

I have a buell X1 lightning 2000 EFI I am making a set of pipes with it I have been brazing tube metal all week so I think I can match the pipes on it already or something similar I like the classic harley roar besides I have never heard this thing with a can so I guess I,m just skeptical of blowing cash on something I hate. Who knew you could muffle a harley lol...

Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 PM

oops heres the buell and my old zx7 I just did some work to the front end on the buell pics coming tomorrow when I can take it out... the first pic is the 250 I am painting it this weekend I just cant figure out what color any suggestions I am looking for something bright that will pop like it does even with the primed tank. My favorite thing to do is paint the engine opposite vibrant colors that blend but clash, and also if you pic a light enough color you can spot leaks almost immediately...

Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 AM

sweet x1. i love those older buells - the motor looks better - the push rods more visible, you can easily see the whole thing, etc.

and i HATE how my buell sounds - stock xb9r. i've got to get a can for it - but that takes money away from my fighter build - so i keep stalling on it.

but ya, if you're going to have a harley motor in a sportbike - you might as well make it sound like a harley.

the 250 is cool too - the first pic didn't come out or something - i think a broken link.

which school is that in the background?

Old 06-29-2013, 10:26 AM

It's Challenger elementary. I live off Trafalgar if you are familiar with the area...

That's a really old pic of the 250 but the looks don't change much. I also think the same thing about the buell its also really cool when you leave the store get ready to leave and there is a small gaggle of chick checking you out and all of a sudden bvroooooommm they never see it coming lol...

Old 07-26-2013, 04:17 PM

This 600 and I have had alot of fun together but I did something last weekend that I regret to its fullest. I let my friend ride her just around the block but that was it. He saw a few chicks and decided he wanted to look like a BA and hit a sidewalk almost head on going 50 and torqued the frame slightly but enough to call it a day,,,

Quick Reply: 92 CBR 600 street fighter