Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

92 CBR 600 street fighter

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 CBR 600 street fighter

Hey guys I'm on the hunt for a few things to get this thing at least road worthy.
first off she is a 1992 Honda CBR 600 Im not sure of any sub models if any one here knows how I can find out that would be cool.
I am going to be rethinking the rear end and just about every thing else.
Let me know what you think she is a little beat up but I think she will clean up nicely.
More pics coming shortly

Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 PM

Got some work ahead planing on dropping the motor and painting the frame....

Old 06-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sub model would be that it's called an f2. f3 parts fit it also. google search f2 or f3 fighter. there are some brilliant ones. knifemaker on our site made a killer lookin' f2 fighter. you can do anything you want to that bike. the steel frame makes it easy to modify the subframe. and you can put almost any front end on there. allballsracing.com has a front end swap chart if that's something your interested in

and here's an f3 fighter thats also awesome

Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 PM

Thanks man ya as soon as I get the rear end situated I am dong the paint . I will be making custom fairing out of fiberglass by using shaped foam in plaster to make my mold... As for the front end Ill be tackling that when I convert the swing arm thanks for the link... I did not realize how easy is to make a sub frame on these that's BA.... pulling the motor for paint real soon so check in for updates... kinda stoked to clean her up...

Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 AM

sweet man, i'm stoked to see it too. do work!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 PM

Engine is out and ready for cleaning and paint. Buying a new welder next week mine pooped out I am thinking about making a arc welder but I do not have a used battery lying around... Engine is pretty clean already and I like the color but the stater cover is jacked up and I am thinking a nice flat black will do her justice should not be to difficult to clean up Purple Power to the rescue...

Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM

what kind of welder are you getting?

Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM

I am not sure yet checking prices now. I have tinkered with other kinds but I have always been partial of oxy&cy or a 110 wire feed. cant make up my mind I've always liked an ark on projects like this... What do you normally use for applications like this... I have a small tank set up but I'm not good enough with it to trust me over the rear tire yet...

Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM

i wouldn't arc weld it. i think it'd get too hot and cause problems. maybe not though. i haven't messed with the subframe on an f3 though is it a solid, or a tube?

i like o/a welding though... something calming about the gas. i haven't done a whole lot of welding with this yet though. i was starting to get pretty good and consistent, then i had the valve on my oxy blow a seal, we were trying to sell the house, move, etc - so that kinda stopped a few months ago.

and i've used a 110 lincoln with a gas set up on a gas tank and what not before. they're pretty versatile. you can flux with 'em, you can gas with 'em. some of the millers have spool guns so you can even do aluminum with 'em, but they're generally a 220 though. but i like the little 110 with a bottle set up. i think they're great. i don't think you'd have any problems mig'in the subframe however you wanted

unfortunately, i've always had handy downs when it comes to welders, so i've just used what i've had the opportunity to.

keep lookin' on CL, used tool shops, pawn shops, etc. sometimes you can find a REALLY good set ups on the cheap

Last edited by Conrice; 06-25-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM

it is tube welded to the frame but I cut the weld all the way off and smoothed it down I am going to make my own sub frame, I have a friend that has a arc welder that he can losn me but it is a 220 so I think I am going to get a refill and o/a it.. I've had a bit of practice with o/a just not enough so I am going to take a bit of time to practice. In the mean time I am going to be making a few engine stands for all my spare motors lying around for practice and we will see what is next...

Quick Reply: 92 CBR 600 street fighter