Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1996 cbr600f3 streetfighter revamp

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You'll need sockets, a hammer, and an 3/8" drive extension that's a foot long or so.

You need to find someone with a press. A machine shop can do this for you. It would take them about 5 minutes to do it, so it shouldn't cost much. If you have a friend with a press, it won't cost anything but a beer.

And then you can do the rest with the tools I listed above.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to throw this out there for your airbox, mine was cracked and not sealing right. I took it off, put it together like it goes and then filled the cracks and missing pieces with jb weld. Works right as rain now. And a lot cheaper then finding a different one.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, does anybody know the hose inner diameter and outer diameter for the secondary exhaust line from the carbs to the gas tank?

It needs replacing, when I have time I can just match the hose if no one knows off the top of the head.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:56 AM

Update.. figure I have a dynojet kit.. Jets are 126 and 122, needles have 5? slots in them for the clip, and what seems like corrosion of some sort..

planning on getting 40 slow pilot, 138, 140, and 142 mains to mess around with.. unless i can find the stock jets at a dealership today.. still, gona be browsing jetsrus.com for needles, pilots, and mains until this thimg riiippsss..

basically all i got going for it right now, havent touched the fork.. i did pick up an 02 gsxr 750 to get me around though

Old 06-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just noticed your the same here as on cf. Can your needles be cleaned? maybe let them soak in carb cleaner or the similar? Take some aluminum foil lightly to them? If so you wouldnt have to get new needles. If you do need new needles, Id recommend factory pro. simply because they will answer the phone and email with any questions you may have to help get you right.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by gtcole
Just noticed your the same here as on cf. Can your needles be cleaned? maybe let them soak in carb cleaner or the similar? Take some aluminum foil lightly to them? If so you wouldnt have to get new needles. If you do need new needles, Id recommend factory pro. simply because they will answer the phone and email with any questions you may have to help get you right.
thanks cole, gona def try soaking them. duno why i didnt try that earlier.

yea factory pro does seem top notch after all ive seen so far, def next needles if cleaning these doesnt help a bit..

hoping to get new jets next week and new chain and sprockets

Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 AM

alright, weird perdicament here..

changed out dynojet 122 and 126 sizes to klein 142 and 140 jets thinking it would fix my lean problem... and now it starts up and idles, twist the throttle and no response whatsoever, just keeps idling at what sounds like a cumfy rhythm.. dangit

needle settings are set at second clip with a washer, first clip is the richest setting.. so im thinking adding 142 and 140 was too much with the clip settings, but it really doesnt make any sense to me why it would act like that all of a sudden.. hmm gona change needle settings real quick..

question though, what WOULD cause the bike to not rev at all past idle? something electrical?(fenagled some wires on this rat and the headlight stopped working? riddle me that)..fuel/mixture? aliens?

aside from that, i loved my 02 gsxr 750, best bike ive ever ridden. so much so that it was stolen before i had insurance on it and now i gotta make my project my daily to replace ole suzis job, man rough one.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nickcp
alright, weird perdicament here..

changed out dynojet 122 and 126 sizes to klein 142 and 140 jets thinking it would fix my lean problem... and now it starts up and idles, twist the throttle and no response whatsoever, just keeps idling at what sounds like a cumfy rhythm.. dangit

needle settings are set at second clip with a washer, first clip is the richest setting.. so im thinking adding 142 and 140 was too much with the clip settings, but it really doesnt make any sense to me why it would act like that all of a sudden.. hmm gona change needle settings real quick..

question though, what WOULD cause the bike to not rev at all past idle? something electrical?(fenagled some wires on this rat and the headlight stopped working? riddle me that)..fuel/mixture? aliens?

aside from that, i loved my 02 gsxr 750, best bike ive ever ridden. so much so that it was stolen before i had insurance on it and now i gotta make my project my daily to replace ole suzis job, man rough one.
What are your slides doing when you rev it?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With conrice here, sounds like a disconnected vacuum tube which causes the slides to not work.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:45 AM

Well back to square one again, $%@%!

Currently the bike is looking as so..

I have Factory pro needles, jets, and vacuum slide springs ready to go into the carbs.

My only concern is, I want to remove every vacuum assembly possible, but after seeing the necessity for a vacuum slide hose connection, I think I may have removed it. I want to BLOCK every vacuum nipple on the bottom of the carb seats. Will this be an issue?

I need to go back over the carb diagrams for a k&n filter, wider needles and jets. I bought an oem replacement cab parts kit for the gaskets and pilot jets or something to get a good baseline again. I'm seriously just worried the whole vacuum issue and the F3 race air mod is going to interfere with properly tuning these jets.

I did pick up an oem/ebay stock filter to try and get off gravity fed fuel to carbs. So that should take care of a nice fuel balance, but then will that starve the engine with a k&n? Don't think so, bigger jets should handle that I hope.

I did go ahead and get a +2 sprocket on my rear and I have a -1 going on the front sprocket. Some dirt bike handle bars on order soon. \

I matched up a two bros 4-1 header tonight too that looks sweeeet, matched it up to a nice Yoshi Rs-3 can.

Still need a new headlight, the wiring for this is terrible.

In fact, the WHOLE wiring harness is Janky. How much does one really need from the wiring harness?? I want to slim it down considerably seeing as how I have no gauges, nor a working fan.

I'm contemplating going air-cooled.

Quick Reply: 1996 cbr600f3 streetfighter revamp