South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

Miami riders get together....Food...Sports...etc

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami riders get together....Food...Sports...etc

So, newb to the forums but I don't think I have ever joined a forum where I didn't contribute something besides some words typed on a keyboard. I was starving tonight since my wife doesn't feed me and went just down the street to a new wing joint. I took the bike since it was a quick hop and ordered 10 honey garlic wings and some ber battered onion rings. The owner comes out as I am on the phone next to my bike and asks if it is my bike. I said yep.

He then asks if I am part of a club or anything and I said no, but I am on a few forums. For the Miamians, this is the new shopping center that went up off of Miami Garden's Drive and I-75. the place is called Hall of Fame Hot Dogs and Wings. It is GOOOOODDDD! The people there are super cool and they have these HUGE funnels of beer (if you're not riding). They have I believe 6-8 plasmas on the wall showing each a different sporting event, lots of baseball, football, hockey memorabelia. the seats are bleacher type seats with say four up front and four in the back. Plus regular tables. Pretty slick place. And like I said, the wings are good and the hot dogs are as well. I usually get a "Toronto" which is a hot dog with bacon, onions, and minced garlic.

Enough with that. The owner asked if I knew of people that wanted to get together on a Monday or Tuesday night. He could block off some area of the parking lot for us since there is a Sedano's there. We could come in an horse around and get 15% off your meal if you're on a bike or with the crew. We exchanged business cards and I was on my way. Now, I know that some of you are on other sites, have friends that ride other bikes, etc. If this sounds like a good plan, as if Hooters and Fudds wasn't enough food/meeting during the week, let me know. Drop me a PM and let me know if you can swing up. I was thinking at least 10 people so we don't look goofy showing up with 2 bikes. If you all are interested, drop me a PM and I will get back with you and we can start coordinating something. Also, let me know what is better...Monday's or Tuesdays.

Kris