Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Unprovoked F'ed up Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you dealt with chronic drunks before? To say they are unpredictable is an understatement. If you watch the video, the victim appears to step up on the curb unsteadily so he may have been intoxicated at the time.
I'm not saying it was a justified shoot, just that the video doesn't show what happened in the few seconds before shots were fired.
I can say that police training for knife wielding is to shoot center of mass till the threat (if any) is eliminated if they do not comply with the order to drop the weapon. The article does say victim was hard of hearing and was struck in the side. Where did the fifth shot go?
Does anyone know if the officer had arrested this individual before?

Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Have you dealt with chronic drunks before? To say they are unpredictable is an understatement. If you watch the video, the victim appears to step up on the curb unsteadily so he may have been intoxicated at the time.
I'm not saying it was a justified shoot, just that the video doesn't show what happened in the few seconds before shots were fired.
I can say that police training for knife wielding is to shoot center of mass till the threat (if any) is eliminated if they do not comply with the order to drop the weapon. The article does say victim was hard of hearing and was struck in the side. Where did the fifth shot go?
Does anyone know if the officer had arrested this individual before?

sometimes i agree with being skeptical and reserving of judgement. but in this case the man was killed with 4-5 shots of a firearm as he was carving a wooden block. The man was not a threat, whether he was under the influence of alcohol, mentally ill, hard of hearing, suicidal, whatever the case the reaction of the officer was extremely out of hand. If the shooting was not justified then that's that. He deserves to rot in jail. How can you say it was not justified and then go on about how it might have been justified? It makes you look foolish.

Does it matter that he was struck on the side? No shot should have been fired in the first place and the man is now dead.

Thrasher, kids are unpredictable, so do you shoot em? The mentally ill are unpredictable and can be dangerous, so do unload 5 bullets into them? It's ****ing pathetic what the cop did and if he isn't dishonorably discharged and penalized to the utmost, then the judge hasn't seen the video I saw.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Foolish??? I beg to differ. I have not prejudged a situation that I have little knowledge of...and asked legitimate questions.
I work with the drunks and inmates and know a little about that side of the story. I have been through the training. I don't advocate shooting old drunken wood carvers. I do like to have all the facts.
As a peace officer he has to be able to account for each of his shots. Four struck the his intended target. It sounded like five shots in the video. What did the fifth hit?
I have dealt with drunks that claimed they would try to kill me if they ever saw me again...if they had a past history there may be more to the story than you are aware of.
I don't want to project my experience on this situation, I am just not as fast to judge his action when I wasn't there to see all of what went down.
If the investigation determines he was wrong then he should pay.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alrighty calm down ya'll. Thrasher is just asking for all the facts before passing judgement, which is what a jury is supposed to do.

My opinion is the DA should give it to a grand jury for indictment, where all the evidence should be presented and go from there. As it stands, 1 video and an article cannot adequately defend the actions and life of the officer. Because his life is now on the line and I'd want all the information before taking it away from him

Old 12-20-2010, 07:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOC8c...yer_detailpage
Here is an example how fast things can turn...

Old 12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey all good points and like thrasher I'm there daily ........

Without wanting this thread to get into some kind of good versus evil scenario

Lets call it a day on this one ......everyone has their points of opinion leave it at that

This being the last post !

Last edited by Sprock; 12-20-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: case closed - leave it to the professionals