Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another School Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another School Shooting

[:@] I want to know your opinions on what should be done with this problem. Being a student, I'm frankly quite concerned for the safety of my classmates and myself. In MI, we have a concealed carry law that once you pass the training course, have an extensive background check, pay for your license, and wait six months you can carry. However, you can't carry on campus or in malls.... the very places that are repeatedly targeted. It seems that protecting yourself isn't allowed in certain places. Honestly, I'd be happy if teachers were allowed to carry so at least someone could do something if it ever came down to it. Always better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

BTW, you have to be 21 here to get a permit.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Default RE: Another School Shooting

No Gun Zone signs arn't going to stop someone wanted to nuke the school from bringing a gun in. The only time it will help is if the shooter if caught before the act with a gun on him. Maby if we had some "Break glass incase of school shooting" recepticles that had a gun in them.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:26 AM

I still stand behind the saying "Guns dont kill people. People kill people." If you walk into a school with a bat or knife you can still do damage. Its sad but thats just the world we live in.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:40 AM

Some of the teachers I have had (especially in high school), I honestly would not want carrying a gun around. So I dont think that giving guns to teachers is the answer

Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

"Break glass incase of school shooting" recepticles that had a gun in them.
LOL, I was thinkin the same thing

Old 02-15-2008, 11:59 AM

[blockquote]
Who the hell thinks that guns are the problem!?!?
I'd like an explanation...[/blockquote]

Old 02-15-2008, 12:10 PM

I guess we can get rid of all the guns in the world then on the news we will hear that some dude went around with a crossbow. "Crossbowman kills 14 with crossbow."

Old 02-15-2008, 12:10 PM

I've been wanting to get my CWP for a while now, but just haven't had time to do the class or all the paperwork stuff either. I think that if someone goes through all the steps to take the class and get certified and properly trained in handling and firing a gun, then why shouldn't they be able to carry in a school or mall setting, or anywhere else for that matter? I could see that it wouln't be a good idea to have someone that is drunk or whatnotcarrying in a bar or nightclub, because of the impared judgement,but I thinkas long asyou are not intoxicated or have any other mental disorders that may affect your judgementthen you should havethe right to protect yourself and those around you by being able to carry a gun. Nauree was right by saying that the signs won't stop them, so if they decide tostroll in some placewith a gun because they ignored the "No Gun Zone" signs, you're stuck with your thumb up your *** and your Concealed Weapon Permit, but no "Concealed Weapon" to use!

Old 02-15-2008, 12:37 PM

yes guns are the problem.. BUT!! If they ban guns, the people who use them for illegal purposes, still have them, and the law abiding citizens that had to get rid of their guns get killed. I think people with a CWP should be allowed to carry everywhere. The people that come in killing others are still going to do it, but if someone could be there to defend the innocent, this may tip the scales to the innocents side.

I would like to get my CWP, but i have no time to take the classes and such. But in the near future i will have it for this reason.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:39 PM

I agree with CBRCRF
Guns don't kill people!!! People kill people!!!!
Just my 2 cents!

Quick Reply: Another School Shooting