Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Tragic Story.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tragic Story.

So my cousin just bought his first bike today, and It was pretty exciting. He got a 2000 Triumph Daytona 955i, which surprisingly to me is a pretty sweet ride. So we get the bike home, and are aching to properly welcome the newest member to the family. Sadly The DMV is already closed, so theres nothing doing until tomorrow.

So i tell him that nows a great time to get all your maintenance out of the way, like cleaning chain + sprockets, pulling off the plastic, Really inspecting behind it all, and flushing the fluid and what have you... So we get the side, and bottom fairings off the bike and lay them down, and get a close look at the engine casing. then, When it came time to clean/lube the chain, i told him to just jack it up with the floor jack, to get the wheel off the ground.

What happens next is like a terrible tragedy, and it was all in super slow motion. When he goes over to get the jack out, the unthinkable happens... the Loose handle on the floor jack, falls over... it was like watching a horrible car accident as its happening, and its just playing in slow motion as the adrenalin is pumping.... the heavy *** handle slips past my grasp and slams smack dab on top of the bottom fairing, nearly cracking it in half.

I was so pissed, the bike isnt even registered yet and fairings are getting some character! Luckily it will be relatively easy to just fiberglass it, and fix it right up, but still, that shouldnt have happened in the first place!!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 AM

sorry to hear bro that realy sucks man

Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 AM

wow thats sucks btw when u said tragic i thought someone died or something

Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 PM

Sue them...

Old 05-08-2009, 10:13 PM

Haha, sue who? the company that makes the jack? He's just gonna fiberglass it, or superglue it... its not like you can even see that fairing anyway. it just sucks, cause he didnt even have it on the road yet lol.

So He got it all registered and on the road today. We (Me, him and one of our friends) all went out riding today. All together we were riding for over 4 hours i think, and all went pretty well. Except about 10 minutes from home, it starts to rain a little bit. We made it home just in time before it opened up and started pouring.

Our other friend was backing his bike up in the driveway, and lost his footing, and there was yet again, another, oh crap slow motion tip over. I almost got over to the bike to catch him before it fell over, but i was a split second too late. After all that, he loses his footing and tips over right in my driveway, lol. No damage, except a couple tiny scratches in the rear fender.

We were lucky enough to encounter one of the giant douchebag chopper riders today also. Out of no where, this guy comes charging up behind us with his annoyingly loud pipes.... which I'm sure the tool thinks sound good..... and proceeds to weave in and out between us, and continue flying right on by.... Honestly, what kind of absolute smacktard, jackass do you have to be to pull that stunt?