The Story so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Story so far

Well I can't figure out how to host pics to put in the thread but i'll just give a link to my album and you guys can check it out from there.

Story is this.....about 3 weeks ago a friend of mine showed up with a honda cbr 929, i've always loved bikes and always as long as i could remember wanted a sport bike...honda cbr 600 were my favorite for a lot of reasons..but mostly looks. I took his 929 for a ride and had an absolute blast...just a short jog around the hood but it was a joy. He told me of a friend that was selling a cbr 600rr 2004 up in idaho who really needed to get rid of it. I started to think about it, and decided that i was in a finacial situation that would allow it. However i wasn't sure on that bike i hadn't seen it but heard lots about it. i started looking around at lots of different bikes went and test drove a few local ones. Eventually my friend told me he was going to Idaho for the weekend for a four wheeler trip and invited me to come and i could also check out that bike. The night i got there his friend brought the bike over....i feel in love i took it for a drive and absolutly loved it. It was everything i was looking for and it had some pretty stellar mods done already. a few things i wanted to do different but loved it. I came back from the test drive and new i had to own it. I made an offer of 5000 and he accepted, we wrote up a bill of sale and i gave him 500 cash with a promise of the rest coming in the mail as soon as i got home to my check book (idiot i didn't bring it) He told me i could take the bike home (which i was thrilled about) So the next day (saturday) me and 2 friends all went out on bikes me on a 600 my friends on 929 and 1000 all rr's we were having a ball we stopped off at a gear shop and everyone ended up getting some new gear. I didn't have anything so i bought joe rocke jacket, a snell approved helmet and some
pretty sick gloves. We rode around the rest of the day and had a ball, the next day we were to return home all riding our new bikes. The drive from Idaho to Utah is about 3 hours figured that'd be a good break in for me.

When sunday rolled around i was every sort of excited for the trip home, itching to ride i was up and ready to go. we left around 9:00 am and started heading down I-15 shortly after stopping for a gas up. Then the worst thing i could possibly imagine happen'd. We were about 10 miles out of utah (about 1 and a half hours from home) and something went wrong...i still don't know what it was other than driver error.....I was riding in the right lane then slowly started to go into the left lane (not on purpose) i wasn't sure what was happening but i started to try and correct but to no avail slowly it just started to get away from me going to the left then i don't know what happend i probably panicked and i went down and my bike went into the dirt and grass filled median. I laid they for a second after sliding praying there wasn't a car behind me finally i jumped up and screamed in anger, everyone stopped and came rushing over shocked to see me still standing i had minor bumbs and bruises and some road rash on my feet and legs and a broken finger but other than that was fine....my helmet saved my life...no doubt about it you should see the thing. My bike however didn't fair so well all plastics need to be replaced and i obviously didn't have insurance on her yet....other than plastics she's fine so i just need all new plastics i'm shopping around but would love your guy's advice. The whole experience obviously has me shaken but i still want to ride...my family and some friends think i have a death wish.....whatever...I am enroling in a msf course and stuff but i'd like any advice you guys have I really wanna be a good and most of all safe rider...i love it its so fun....this little adventure sure does have me up the creek financially tho....repairing her is gonna be hell....oh well live and learn i guess and i want to ride so no way i'm cutting m

Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Story so far

That sucks - glad you're OK and I'm glad that your gear was able to protect you. Now you can rebuild your bike with the mods/looks/colors you want.

Sounds like you got a case of target fixation - that situation where you look at it, and sure enough you hit it. There is nothing more true in motorcycling that you go where you look, especially on a bike like a 600RR that is so responsive to steering input.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:33 PM

Were you in a turn? If not maybe axle nuts came loose or something.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:38 PM

Does that link work for anyone? Doesn't work for me. I get an error?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:01 AM

sorry that linked was messed up here ya go pics

Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 AM

i can't see the pics...can you copy and paste?..was it windy out when you were riding?

Old 09-11-2006, 04:12 AM

okay so were there frame sliders on? cause i see the holes for it. and my advice to you and to everyone. get the damn stock mirrors back on there. i honeslty i think your a moron if you choose to take them off, kinda feel the same way about pigspoters. mirrors will also save your life by showing you the ******** behind you. sry about your luck tho.

steve

Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 AM

ya there was holes for frame sliders but i didn't have any and they guy i bought it from didn't have any on either......i was plannin on putting some on as soon as i got her home....ya that woulda been nice lol